Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

katdicks posted:

I lift the razor to my wrists again;
I bleed out words that are just average.
gently caress me, gently caress me, gently caress me, gently caress you, I'm in.

I'm in, with a :toxx: for submitting an entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Bora
(58 Words)

Wanderlust
For the seven secrets of
Autumn gust

So robust--
Ghosts and leaves groan and sway with
Wanderlust

Flaking crust
Sirocco peels back with an
Autumn gust

Nature's rust
Blood and pus paint passionate
Wanderlust

Inhaled must;
A putrid squall, tethered by
Autumn gust

On the last brae, I degust
Acrid memoirs, as mistral overcomes
Wanderlust
Autumn gust

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This is the worst prompt ever. :mad:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
in

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Crits are some of my favorite things to read, so I appreciate all the cool people who take time out of their day to do them. Thanks for the crit, flerp!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:toxx: I'll have a redemption done before the end of week 235.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Desperate Jasper
1122 words

Prompt: "This psychiatrist deals with neuroses, narcissism and dysfunction every day. And that's just at home."

“Samantha Bess Salvai! Matthew Lee Tennesy!”

Those words echoed through the house, shattering the tranquil aura that the streaming morning dawn brought in as it glistened upon the freshly set snow. Both children had sheepishly slinked downstairs, and tried to exit through the back patio, only to find that the door was locked and that the key was stashed away.

Clarise Salvai stood guard at the front door, preparing to lash out at the juveniles. Once again, they had left a large mess in the kitchen from the previous night, leaving out dirty dishes and food to spoil and attract bugs. Clarise, having come home from a thirteen hour work-shift the previous night, had to take responsibility again for the two entitled children.

“When are you guys going to start taking care of yourselves? I can’t keep on wiping your asses forever, you know! You’re both sixteen turning-on-twelve. I come home exhausted, with a massive headache, after having to listen to crazy people all day, and I’m greeted with nothing but filth. Both Ronnie and I bust our butts to provide you two a nice home, with plenty of food and clothing. We make sure you’re not wanting for anything, and you two just spit in our faces!”

Samantha started to cry. Clarise then gave Samantha a gentle kiss on the cheek.

“There, there.”

She then turned her head to Matthew, but was startled by an expression of frustration plastered on his face. Clarise flinched.

“You think you know everything, don’t you? Just because you’re a fancy therapist, you think you know everything about everybody, don’t you? You don’t! You think you’re perfect, and have all the answers, and that we’re just burdens-“

Smack

Clarise, still shaking, glared down at Tennesy.

“Listen, and listen well, Matt. I love you, with all of my heart. If I didn’t, you’d be out on the streets. I’d never leave you alone nor run away from you. We’ll talk later. Both of us have to get going. And don’t you dare tell anybody at school that I slapped you-got it?”

Stumbling up the stairwell, Clarise juggled her purse, her winter coat, and her lunchbox as she fished for her keys from her back pocket. Reaching the landing, she produced an audible sigh, and unlocked the featureless metal door, slithering through the tiny hole into her office.

Without much thought, Clarise shoved her belongings out of sight, underneath the large desk, and checked her hair and makeup in the mirror. With everything in place, Clarise turned on the coffee machine, and looked over her cozy chamber. The wooden desk was decorated in accolades and pictures of her colleagues and family. Across from it were four cozy armchairs, personally picked out by Clarise and Ronald Salvai, filling up most of the empty space in the homely office, lit by a pair of dull lamps on each side of the room.

Shortly after taking the first sip of her coffee, Clarise heard a firm knocking reverberate through the air. It was coming from the large sturdy wooden door, decorated invitingly with floral pattern trimming and a sleek nameplate that reads Dr. Salvai, Ph.D.

“Come on in. Make yourself at home”.

For the next two hours, Clarise listened to the woes of her newest patient, Jasper Holden. It was a grocery list of the usual anxieties that plagued her patients: Lack of fulfilment in life, monetary worries, strained relationships with friends and family. But Jasper was different. Unlike most patients, who come voluntarily or at the behest of family, Jaspar was delivered straight from the local psychiatric ward. He had been on death watch for several months, after multiple attempts to slit his own wrists. Clarise couldn’t be sure if most of what Jaspar was telling her was even true or not; it did not seem to line up with the patient’s files that had been delivered to her beforehand. She could not even broach any of the subjects in the file, because Jasper would steer the conversation awry.

Nearing the end of the session, Clarise asked Mr. Holden about any concerns of his. The fellow, who had been quite talkative up to this point, suddenly became pensive, and began looking up at the blank, featureless ceiling. After what felt like minutes, the patient replied:

“What’s the best way to die?”

Clarise was hit with a cold wave. She felt like puking.

She responded: “Why do you obsess so much about death, Mr. Holden?”

“It hurts, you know. Nobody loves me, and the world would be a better place if I disappeared. I’m just a burden on this system, even the other doctors think so. But they won’t let me die! They think that they’d bear the guilt, but the truth is, I want to go away. I’ve resolved this since I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’ve ruined my family’s life. I can’t bring back my wife, you know, and even my children and my parents refuse to acknowledge my existence. I’d be better off dead.”

Resolving herself, Clarise steadied herself as she stood up. She walked over to Holden’s side, and sat down on the arm of his chair.

“Listen, and listen well, Jasper. Our family has a motto. We Tennesys are fighters. We don’t give in, and we don’t give up, no matter what! Life’s hard, so what! Nobody has it easy, but killing yourself only hurts those around you. Suppose there is life after death. Huh? Could you live with the guilt of what your actions have caused for countless people? Suicide is the cowards’ way, and the ultimate selfish thing somebody can do! There’s no redemption once you’ve gone and done it!”

She continued, “If you truly feel bad about how you have lived your life up until this point, then try to change it for the better! Try to have a positive impact on those around you. Do good deeds, and resolve not to sink back into your old nasty habits, if they cause you so much pain. It isn’t gonna be easy, but that’s what true love really is.”

Hours later, Clarise stepped out of her office onto the back landing, having finished her lunch. She produced a lighter from her pocket, and lit herself a cigarette, a luxury she only enjoyed when she was away from home. The events with Jasper played out in her mind over and over again, as if she was trying to pinpoint a specific frame of the film in her mind.

“Our family has a motto. We Tennesys are fighters. We don’t give in, and we don’t give up, no matter what!” mused Clarise, snubbing out the fresh cigarette in the melting snow.

“Yeah right.”

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Evidently I need to find a way to get myself motivated. So I'm perma-:toxx:ing that I'll do redemptions for Weeks 193, 196, 227, and 228 by March 31st, 11:59PM EST. In addition, I must also submit at least one story for a new Thunderdome prompt between this post and that deadline. :getin:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Sure, let's try this. In.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
In :toxx: Also, give me a flash rule.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Black and Blues
974 Words
FLASH: Unconventional Weaponry

The stage set aflare; Sparklers and light beams blasted the majestic stage, as the spectators roared with anticipation. After 8 months, the legendary band Jealousy finally broke off their sudden hiatus, and announced a new concert. It was taking place at the newly constructed concert stadium, The World’s Stage, in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts.

The speakers boomed, and ushered in the dazzling arrival of tonight’s stars. The groupies murmured, whispering rumors and heresy about the reasons for the sudden hiatus. Was it family issues? Money? A lover’s quarrel? Or perhaps….

As the fog machines bellowed out ominous haze, the crew tore through the shroud, wielding their instruments, ready for war. Chad Orton and Matthew Smith brandished their axes. Samantha Beck seated herself at the drums, writhing with anxiety.

However, all eyes were on the singer, Lizzie Daniel. Unlike her bandmates, with their bubbly demeanors reflecting the energy of the audience, she had a gaunt expression that was unmistakably set in. The crowd’s fervor was not quashed, but the atmosphere that blanketed the stage darkened. The props on stage receded into the background and the stars took precedence, their heavenly aura radiating out through the chilled crowd, into the December-night sky.

“Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood evening Boston! I see you all eyeing us. Jealous?” Lizzie grinned. The crowd erupted, electrifying The World’s Stage.

“Let’s give it our all, everybody! Chad, Matt, Sammy! Let’s do this!”

“Thank you so much for coming out here tonight! It felt so good to up here performing for you all. Goodbye, everybody!” Lizzie holstered her microphone, and bowed. Drenched in sweat and exasperated, the singer slinked backstage, followed by her entourage. Samantha quickly followed suit.

Samantha followed Lizzie outside, into the alleyway. Liz hobbled over to the trashcans, and retched behind them. Sammy confronted her friend.

“So, what are you going to do now, Liz? You got your wish. Now I think it’s time we should be getting back to the hos-“

“No.”

“What are you saying? You barely made it through tonight without collapsing. I was so scared that I thought you’d pass out screaming-“

Thwack. Sammy’s cheeks flushed, and she staggered a bit. Taken aback for a moment, she gritted her teeth.

“You bitch…after all we’ve done for you, and this is how you repay us. I’ve been your friend since Kindergarden, for Christ’s sake. Listen, if you keep on straining yourself, you’re gonna-“

Shut up! Pluugh!” Lizzie spurted out, blood and vomit splattering out from the corners of her mouth. “You guys have no right telling me what to do. Not now. If I’m going out soon, I’m going out on my own terms. Do you loving hear me? Pluggh!”

“Dumbass…you’re not gonna die, capisce? You just need to rest until you get better, then-“

“You know that’s a lie! I’ve been sick all this time, and I’ve only been getting worse. I’m wasting away Sam, and I don’t have much time left. I want to continue singing until the end. What’s wrong with that?”

“Lizzie, listen. Your family, and all of us are worried that you’re gonna drop dead from exhaustion, all that we want is to help you get better, and the best way to do that is to follow the doctor’s orders and continue with the treatments.”

“Thanks for the concern, but all you guys care about is your image. You’d rather not have the crowd see sickly old me, or have to deal with the controversy. You’re just a bunch of selfish bastards-“

Thwack. Lizzie collapsed into the trashcan, scrapping her elbows against the concrete ground.

“Sam…I can’t believe you..”

Sammy, aghast, took a step back, shaking her head and mouthing an apology. But it was too late.

“Rrrraghhhh!” Lizzie scampered up, bracing herself on the brick wall, and grabbed the trash lid. She charged at her friend, and swung the saucer over her head, bringing it down on Samantha. She tried to repeat this motion, but Sammy grabbed ahold of the trash lid, and the two began wrestling for it. Lizzie lifted her knee up, and winded Sammy, knocking her down.

Standing over her, Lizzie slammed down the trash lid mechanically, as Samantha blocked the impromptu weapon with her arms. Sammy kicked up, tripping up Liz. Sammy jumped up straight, and lifted her leg up high. She swung it into Liz’s shoulder, twisting the sickly girl into a submission pose. Sammy pinned Liz down, sitting on her back, and took out her drumsticks from her pocket, and pressed them firmly against Liz’s neck.

Sammy called out for anybody to help restrain Liz.

“Somebody, come quick! I need help!”

Lizzie grasped at the drumsticks with both arms trying to pull them away, but she found that she was being overpowered, and was starting to lose consciousness. Grasping for anything, she reached into her pocket where she had stashed her microphone. She pulled it out and smacked Sammy in the face with all of her might. Sammy loosened her grip, and Liz snatched the drumsticks away. With both instruments in hand, Liz thrust them behind her, then-

"Uuu-uuukkh"

Samantha was making an ungodly huffing sound. Lizzie was able to turn her body around, and see that the drumsticks had punctured Sammy's throat.

"Oh God. Sam! Sam!"

Lizzie, seeing Sammy croaking on the ground, wheezing in agony, couldn't take it anymore, and bolted, running as far as her legs could take her.

Lizzie ran all night, trembling, hacking up blood as she went. Her soul chilled over, and as the night went on, her bones got colder and colder.

In a park, Lizzie's legs gave out, and she crumpled onto the side of the dirt path. Liz laid face-down, shuddering at the events of that night. She was so tired, but she did not want tomorrow to come anymore.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thanks for the fjgj BeefSupreme, Chili, and Sebmojo. Especially for the crits Chili.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thanks for the crits sebmojo, especially for schooling my dumbass. :blush:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thanks for the crits BeefSupreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kaishai posted:

:siren: Thunderdome Recaps! :siren:

Once again, thank you so much for the crits and the advice. I sincerely appreciate it, from all of you.

By the way, loved your singing Kaishai. I actually burst out laughing on the bus, so good job.

Also If BeefSupreme is reading this, I'll gladly take any recommendations he has for awesome action movies and scenes.

• Locked thread