Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
From my recent batch of They Shoot Zombies, Don't They? films to watch

Rabid - 3/5
House by the Cemetary 4/5
TerrorVision 3/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
mods?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What did you think of the long fight scene?

I still love that scene, no nostalgia needed

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

That's the consensus of everyone with two eyes man

disagree

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

got any sevens posted:

I like Freddy Got Fingered and Mario bros

:same:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Oof, I knew that Justice League having a review embargo was a bad sign, but it's sitting at 40% as of now on Rotten Tomatoes (who just released scores). Anyone here seen it yet and have thoughts?

The reviews in the Justice League thread are leaning towards :mediocre:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Yes it has to be based on a specific guy but it was still just so friggin weird.

I haven't seen licorice pizza but from reading about it when the movie came out he's based on Jerome Frick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Philthy posted:

Creep (2014)

Dude. :stare: What did I just watch. Found footage movie, again. This one definitely lives up to the title. It's a short movie, but packs a punch. Unnerving, and fascinating at the same time. Like watching a car wreck in slow motion. Don't confuse this with the 2008 movie of the same name.

4/5

Watch the sequel!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
In case u didn't know a third one Maxxxine is on the way

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Philthy posted:

Occult (2009)

A found footage documentary film. A crew investigates a scene where three people were brutally attacked. Of the three, one survived with a gnarly pattern cut into his body. They begin to interview the survivor and follow him as he's now seeing miracles. The characters are all fantastic, the style, the story. I loved it all. This is definitely one of my top found footage flicks yet. There is even a special appearance by Kiyoshi Kurosawa (Director of Cure, which I really liked not too long ago!). So good.

4.5/5

Love the ending so much.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Guest is excellent.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Red Rock West - Nic Cage plays a down on his luck Texas man looking for work in Wyoming when he stumbles his way into a murder for hire plot by a local sheriff looking to take out his wife. Dennis Hopper shows up as the killer for hire and the two of them trade scenes of trying to out act each other while Lara Flynn Boyle and JT Walsh play the couple trying to murder the other.

I hadn't heard of it until last month and it did not disappoint. Really solid western noir vibes with some cool turns, carried by the cast and music. Definitely recommend it.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Redline - sick rear end anime flick. The animation is buck wild and I loved it. Basic plot, racer wants to be the best and is entered into the biggest race in the universe. Some crazy creature designs, and even a kaiju fight. 4/5