Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
High-Rise (2015) - loved it but I'm a sucker for Ballard's fiction, I sold my wife on this with the trailer and the movie opening with Tom Hiddleston eating a dog got me a hell of a glare. But she ended up loving it anyway. 5/5

Batman (1966) - my brother in law was in town and I offered this or Bottoms. Happy with it even if the pacing was odd and the ending didn't really land, some of the jokes in the middle feel like they'd easily land in a movie today. 4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just watched Bill and Ted Face The Music for the first time outside of hell world (where I watched it 3 times in the first weekend of release because of the quick runtime and pacing).

Still love it, just really feels like they hit the tone perfectly for a risky comeback. It always felt like it was a franchise that needed a final act, and really benefitted from the length of time since the second to tell its story.

i appreciate that the wedding song is a microcosm of the movie in itself - clearly no way it's going to be good from the framing, you give it a chance, and it turns out to be a banger.