Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
"just how long do you think this peace will last?"
"as long as it can..."
*discovers how to make algae a viable energy source and immediately liquidates human crop*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
10 Cloverfield Lane: 3/5
I'm a mark for the generic premise of the movie, cozy shelter juxtaposed against an unknown cataclysm occurring just outside, but I didn't find its particular spin on that premise all that compelling, at least not in execution. I was anticipating how the movie would bridge the gap between conflict inside the shelter leading to the characters facing whatever was outside and the movie's answer was...ok. less interesting than I had anticipated going in.

The Caller: 2.5/5
McDowell chewing the scenery is fun but that's the extent I enjoyed it. It felt like the pumped up version of a middling to bad twighlight zone episode.

The Visit: 2.5/5
This legitimately felt like a troll comedy, I suppose a lot of the buzz it got at release was in that vein. As an obnoxious bad movie that's competent enough to have a few good scares it's ok, definitely something to make fun of with friends.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
Speed: 3/5
the main gimmick was unconvincing, bus should have exploded about a dozen times through the movie. Jeff Daniels getting blown up halfway through was pretty funny.