Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Sphere (1998)
Directed by Barry Levinson

A really fun cast and an interesting premise that goes nowhere. The first half of the movie was pretty fun and really interesting, but when the plot started to advance, it got too weird and confusing. I'm not sure that the story was the most interesting one they could have made with that set up.

2.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The Dead Don’t Die (2019)
Directed by Jim Jarmusch

This one caught me by surprise. The crazy number of known actors in this was impressive. A zombie flick that is probably the most sedate zombie movie ever made. I think overall they did pretty good, and the stupid comedy bits made me giggle throughout. The entire Tilda Swinton bit was great. Bill Murray and Adam Driver interacting was always enjoyable. Tom Waits narrating while looking like the guy from Monty Python. Iggy Pop running around as a zombie. It was a lot of fun.

3.5/5

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Beneath (2013)
Directed by Larry Fessenden

A bunch of kids go out on a lake to celebrate graduating. The lake has a monster. This worked so much better as a 20 minute short named "The Raft" in Creepshow 2. This was the worst. So bad. It made me laugh, but not enough to wrap around to be considered good. Ugh.

1.5/5

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Welp, my horror-ish movie-a-day streak will come to a close. I'm going on vacation, and I'm pretty sure I wont have much time to watch any horror flicks. :/

October 6th through March 20th. 202 movies watched.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The Perfect Element posted:

Thank you for your service :zpatriot: I've been loving your reviews. I am in awe of how many movies you watch.

Thanks! I'll start up another streak sometime soon when I can. It probably wont come close to this last one, but it's still enjoyable watching these endless horror flicks. I love comparing my ratings to the other goons on Letterboxd and seeing how so many are super close, while a few are totally off what I rated. It helps noticing things I may have missed after the fact. I've got the worst head cold right now, so I'm knocked flat on my rear end currently. :/