Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Just sent an application to the first guild as Wiegrafgarion. I started a few weeks ago and so far the guilds I've joined have been pretty inactive. Hopefully goons will not disappoint!

I'm prepared to be disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It seems I have to be a guild member for 20 hours before I can start fighting in guild wars, booooo.

I have only one Jotun, and all he does is sit around being useless while a level 55 Skadi Merc bulldozes everything (following all the top ranked players was a very good decision)

I'm looking forward to getting a 5* unit whenever they start giving them away as per that announcement. I'm gonna snag the wolf dude because he's the only character on the list I don't have already and I don't have any 5* people yet

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Uh yeah maybe doing one route at a time is a good idea. I thought I'd be able to take on a similarly leveled opponent with my A-team and got destroyed, probably thanks to the difference in the quality of our equipment. As a new f2p player, I'm probably better off lobbing my dudes at walls for now instead of shoving them into the meat grinder :sweatdrop:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just booted an inactive member. Come on board!

E: are you Ham?

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 19, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I recall hearing it's a once a month kind of thing, so I guess around the 30th?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I dropped a bunch of diamonds hoping to get Luca. I got nothing on the banner, but pulled a bunch of off banner equipment, a Gullveig, and 3 Wolfgangs :confuoot:

I feel like I should be disappointed, but the equipment I got was actually pretty decent, so I can't complain.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Aw, hell yeah. Did one last pull and got Luca. Time to start saving up diamonds again

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My problem is that I've got 300+ tickets and not enough stamina to use them all. If the cost of stamina packs was lower I might consider it, but right now it's a bit too rich for me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh cool, Star Party is happening after all.

Too bad I blew most of my diamonds chasing Luca. My single 10-pull was a 1/10 dupe :(

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Where's that? I haven't touched story mode since I reached the chapter where enemies got reflective barriers, because gently caress that

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fate is an absurdly popular visual novel about summoning gods and heroes to beat the poo poo out of each other. It's a good fit for this game tbh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

goddamn I am just murdering my way through this event and I can't tell whether it's because I got a lot stronger since the last event, because they turned down the difficulty from the Maully event, or both.

I've done the first two steps of the gacha, and while I haven't gotten any event heroes, I got a dupe Luca which puts me at 27 hero souls. Only a couple more days and I can push her to 4* and sub her in for Heimdall!

Ratzap posted:

I see. The chat channels have filled up with breathless fate nerds (or had done before I hopped to my usual 47).

oh god yes the fandom is terrible. The show is freaking beautiful though

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

did another 10-pull. Got Archer's and Saber's weapons, and Shirou as my guaranteed hero :thumbsup:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm working on getting Luca maxed out, and then I'll move on to Thor. Not like I've got anything better to spend this stamina on

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

fullTimeLurker posted:

Okay I really wanted saber, but so far with 3 10x pulls I've gotten nothing. Should I spend my last 3k diamonds on another 10x pull or give up?

The rule of gachas is to never chase a single item because your odds are poo poo. I say wait. The banner isn't going away for two more weeks, and you'll have more UBW points by then. Depending on how seasonal rewards are distributed (there are 3 seasons in this event, I think. And hopefully we're getting UBW points at the end of each), you might get enough points to just buy Saber from the trader.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Reading the difficulties that Ratzap is having with Hard mode is making me laugh at me from a week ago when I thought that I might be able to make it through Hard. I find the difficulty level just bizarre. It doesn't make sense to me to have such a huge chunk of levels that can only be completed by god-teams. Save the bullshit difficulties for boss fights and connect battles, holy poo poo. I'm absolutely NOT going to be able to get all of Tohsaka's souls, and I don't see hero quests available for her. Is she going to be stuck at 4* forever?

My Season 1 reward is.... 600 points. Okay, so buying units just isn't going to happen. I'm not a fan of how so much of this event is aimed towards top tier teams. Give the newer players some cool stuff too :smith:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jehuti posted:

I only got 1000 tokens from my rankings (finished just short of the next tier) so now I've gotta stay in the top 1000 OR fully complete hard mode, and it's looking like being top 1000 is way, way easier.

Also my only FATE unit was Shirou, the only unit without his own 3 star gear, which kinda sucks because if I dont get 5k tokens I've gently caress all to spend them on. Here's hoping I can pull literally any other FATE unit before this events ends.

Archer and Ilya's gear aren't exclusive, so you can buy those

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Welcome aboard.

26 tickets spent trying to get Champion Orbs. Only 3 battles gave me orbs :lol:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeesh. I've done 50 pulls on the Fate stuff and only got Shirou as my guaranteed unit. This event has been remarkably unkind to me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Ouch, that's really loving miserable. Then again, you should have a pretty big pile of gear and 5 star standard units - always try to find a bright side.

I just noticed while putting orbs on Dress Saber that she's tied up. If I go look up why am I going to regret it? Is this another instance of Japans penchant for rape scenes in everything?

I've got Heimdall and Freya at 5*, and a few base 2* folks at 4* now, so yeah at least that part is coming along fine. I really wish the game would give me that winged helmet, or whatever it is that grants regen. My lack of healing really hurts.

The context for dress Saber is not rape, but is also Not Good. Don't look it up, friend

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Managed to grind up 2000 diamonds and do one final pull before the collab banner goes away.

1/10, Thor's hammer :thumbsup:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wait wait wait are you saying you need three additional pieces of same-rarity equipment to reforge Connect stuff? As in, you'd need 15 dupes to turn your single piece of connect equipment into a 5 star item? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was not expecting the next event to be a fight against the logo for Japanese YouTube. Okay then.

McDragon posted:

Oh, also I had a proper look at Garm the other day and he does not, in fact, have adorable red boots on.

wait WHAT

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I don't have enough points to get anything of value from the UBW vendor, but the two copies of Archer's swords that we got from whatever FB event was going on let me craft a 5* version, so I'm rather pleased with that at least.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Did a 10-pull, got a dupe 3* weapon and dupes of the only two base 3* charaters that I've already brought to 5*. Christ, the RNG really hates me right now

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I must have complained enough about my luck because I did a 300 diamond pull out of desperation and got Odin. :woop:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

I must have complained enough about my luck because I did a 300 diamond pull out of desperation and got Odin. :woop:

Uh apparently single pulls are the way to go because I just spent my last 300 diamonds and got Skadi :psyduck:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nope, drop rates are unaffected. They're just really bad

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The RNG is just loving with me now. I did 5 10-pulls on the UBW banners and 1 10-pull on Star Party and got nothing but poo poo. I've been doing single pulls on Star Party as quickly as I can by grinding the arena and climbing Valhalla and my results are, IN ORDER:

-Odin
-Skadi
- new 3 star weapon
- another new 3 star weapon
- a 2-star Welver that gave me just enough souls to bring him to 5*
- Luca dupe (YESSSSS)
- Vali dupe

That's 6 out of 7 of my single pulls being 3 stars. Oh, and my free 30-hour pull this morning was a Momiji dupe. what the gently caress you guys

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

power ratings don't account for abilities on gear, status ailments, elemental resistance, and so on. Boost your gear ability ranks, or get better gear. Remember that the item equipped at the top of the gear list gets used first, so put the important abilities in that slot.

I place consistently in 500-700 in the arena and when I get destroyed by people around my power rating it's usually because I either get waylaid by status ailments, or I get stonewalled by a Luca I was unable to kill before Self-Sacrifice triggered.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Is there a reason we're not doing guild battles much or should we scout someone out?

We're not doing battles because scouting takes effort and we're lazy.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love videos like this because it makes me feel better about my life

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Final Fantasy Record Keeper has new awesome equipment come out twice per week and it's amazinghorrifying watching youtube videos of whales spending hundreds of dollars for each new item.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nice, I just got Luca to 5* this morning too. The stat jump is so satisfying.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oof, those characters are either 3* for me, or I don't have them. Oh well, there's no fixing that by the time the event starts.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

you know what, I think I'm done playing this game, at least for now. No matter how much I grind, it won't change the fact that my equipment kind of sucks, and I don't feel like grinding bosses 8000 times so I can get a single 5* piece of armor three months from now. Feel free to boot me to make room, and make someone else a Co-Jarl. It's been fun, everyone. Maybe I'll pick this game up again sometime later.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Golluk posted:

Applied as Golluk. Looks like it's only the one guild at the moment? And full.

If I'm reading the suggestions right, I should only spend crystals on the 10 packs when they are 50% or 1000 crystals off? Or guaranteed after 3-5 steps?

The best use of crystals is probably the monthly Star Party banners, which will probably start today or tomorrow. There are two banners, each lasting two days. It may be full price, but it has powerful units that aren't available anywhere else, and you are guaranteed at least one 3*.

Do not bother with the "guaranteed after X steps" banners unless you are willing to spend money, because you need to spend like 15000-24000 crystals before you get that guaranteed pull

The half off stuff is useful if you're not spending money, but make sure you actually want the featured prizes before you start pulling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeah I think if I were running this on an emulator that could automate some tasks I wouldn't have gotten so depleted. Even simply running the daily missions feels like too much work for me when I have to stare at a small screen and tap everything.

E: ^^^ also yes, the inventory system is a loving joke, and it's amazing that after all this time there isn't an option to swap the equipment set to different slots on a character, that there isn't an auto-equip button that you can use just to have something to start with, that you can't move equipment en masse from one character to another (barring unique equipment of course), that the inventory limit is so incredibly small given the number of characters, and that you can't save parties and equipment layouts

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 28, 2017

• Locked thread