Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

Ranma Fan Art posted:

my landlord has outed himself as a real piece of poo poo, he came down himself and looked around and tried to tell me that he could not reach any 24 hour plumbers, I googled it and there are at least 4 in my city and one that is open until 11:30 tonight. i am about to start loving screaming i swear to god.
:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Like I don't even rent out a house and I know four plumbers and two electricians, plus a roofer, carpenter/framer, and a cabinet/countertop guy. If you have zero tradesman contacts I feel like you shouldn't rent out property.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
let it leak onto the floors, call code compliance. They'll padlock the door and make him put you up in a hotel till it's fixed. you can't just shrug and say "Plumber's closed!" and charge rent for an unlivable place

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Luvcow posted:

maybe just call a plumber and bill it to your landlord/deduct it from your rent next month if its not too expensive (lol plumbers can easily make upwards of $100/hr)

This seems like a good opportunity for your landlord to really be a bad man

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jonny 290 posted:

let it leak onto the floors, call code compliance. They'll padlock the door and make him put you up in a hotel till it's fixed. you can't just shrug and say "Plumber's closed!" and charge rent for an unlivable place

A landlord isn't obligated to put you up in a hotel in most places. Always have renter's insurance, folks! That's what they're for.

And yeah don't pay for a contractor yourself, that's asking to get hosed.

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
your landlord and my landlord should meet up and have a piece of poo poo landlord get together

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Hey friend you can come use my toilet any time and I have a basement bedroom you can use only like 1200 miles away :(

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Captain Yossarian posted:

Hey friend you can come use my toilet any time and I have a basement bedroom you can use only like 1200 miles away :(

thanks captain you're a good boy

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

OP is desperate for some burly chap to come snake his sewer.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Honky Dong Country posted:

OP is desperate for some burly chap to come snake his sewer.

its all i ever wanted

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

You're a good egg RFA

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
i hope you don't drown in poo poo OP

most of the time anyway

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

angerbeet posted:

i hope you don't drown in poo poo OP

most of the time anyway

even i dont post that much

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the plumber is here i think he is vacuuming up the poo water

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Did you buy plumber or did your landking?

Sucks both ways, hehehe

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My Man Shran posted:

Did you buy plumber or did your landking?

Sucks both ways, hehehe

people arent for sale my friend, but my landlord got him to come i guess i certainly didnt call him.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Ask him if he gets wet using a wet-vac

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

they removed the toilet and found a bunch of soil inside it for some reason, and my landlord is trying to blame for there being a bunch of actual literal dirt inside the toilet, and if he doesnt stop calling me a liar i am gonna punch him in the mouth

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Tell him something something my dirt in your pipe, or something dirt nap

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

why the gently caress would anyone ever flush dirt down the toilet!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
stop eating soil OP

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Dirt Toilet is the weirdest fetish I have seen all day.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

...Well you better go catch it!

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

My Man Shran posted:

Dirt Toilet is the weirdest fetish I have seen all day.

seriously i thought op seemed nice at first but we're dealing with a real sick puppy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

youll never take me alive!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

mods please change name to Dirt Toilet tia

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Ranma Fan Art posted:

they removed the toilet and found a bunch of soil inside it for some reason, and my landlord is trying to blame for there being a bunch of actual literal dirt inside the toilet, and if he doesnt stop calling me a liar i am gonna punch him in the mouth

tell him to stop being an rear end in a top hat or a misanthrope from the internet will cut him down with a hanzo steel blade

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

A misanthrope posted:

tell him to stop being an rear end in a top hat or a misanthrope from the internet will cut him down with a hanzo steel blade

his wife is japanes ehe is on to your tricks :ohdear:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

This thread has been a wild emotional rollercoaster, guys.

I'm so sorry I am a weird offputting manbaby autist that roleplays a fictional alien sometimes.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ranma Fan Art posted:

his wife is japanes ehe is on to your tricks :ohdear:

i will take his waifu and make her mine. she need only look upon my glorious fedora and she can't resist.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

My Man Shran posted:

This thread has been a wild emotional rollercoaster, guys.

I'm so sorry I am a weird offputting manbaby autist that roleplays a fictional alien sometimes.

it's ok i roleplay as a functional and sober adult every day

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

were you like HORLY poo poo...PISS!!! OP?

you mean HOLY poo poo... BADASS

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

so they removed everything toilet and everything and couldn't find anything wrong so the plumber is pretty sure there is a completely busted main below the floor or whatever. so this is gonna be fun. landlord didnt even apologize for calling me a liar to my face when he found out he was wrong.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

so they removed everything toilet and everything and couldn't find anything wrong so the plumber is pretty sure there is a completely busted main below the floor or whatever. so this is gonna be fun. landlord didnt even apologize for calling me a liar to my face when he found out he was wrong.

don't worry my man the landlord will be owned by the plumber's bill for this

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Just watch for him trying to kill your deposit or trying to float cost down on you over the dirt thing godbless!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Get a copy of the invoice from the plumber stating that they found dirt in the pipes.

Seriously I repaired broken sewer pipes for a few years and finding dirt/sand in the lines is a clear sign that the system is hosed up and it's not your fault. Get a copy of that poo poo and hang onto it in case he accuses you of being the problem. Even I generally assume that when an entire bathroom is backed up it's because the tenant flushed poo poo they shouldn't have.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Has the water usage increased past month or so? Could be a small leak in water pipe and dirt coming in that way and building up?

Watch your volume? Cause if that's it then problem still there.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

donkey salami posted:

Has the water usage increased past month or so? Could be a small leak in water pipe and dirt coming in that way and building up?

Watch your volume? Cause if that's it then problem still there.

Nah if there's dirt/sand in a sewer line it's because the sewer line is broken/rotted out. As sewer water passes over the breakage it pulls in sediment. A potable line leaking just causes leakage and moisture. A broken sewer results in dirt/sand in the pipe.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Makes sense what you are saying. I figured there is broken pipe somewhere in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The plumber is coming back tomorrow morning with a camera to look in the pipes I assume to find a break somewhere

• Locked thread