Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Poil posted:

Well yes, but then they'd come from a similar direction as the Aztecs and it would be a shame if they wasted time fighting each other. So I thought it better if they arrived from the north.

Hyperborian invasion. Conan comes in from the North Pole. Add in Aztecs and Mongols and weird alt-Carthage from the Chronicles of Ash books and you have one hell of a collision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Hashim posted:

Italy is rivalled to Bavaria, the Celtic Empire and Morocco. This is what the opinion mapmode looks like:

Whoah, France is slipping over the Pyrenees.

Going to join the Taifas.

We need to start building up our manpower, discipline, and army tradition now. More money is going to be good, but we need to spend it on things that will let us grow and not get eaten by big blue.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Switching to the merchants. We have a relatively limited period in which we have sole access to the rich Caribbean, let's make the most of it. Colonize, let our new sultan build up the military tech, then once we're closer to parity we can get more aggressive.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Bot 02 posted:

Wait, colonization is off the table if the merchants lose their majority? That's bad, if we don't manage to claim the Caribbean before someone else, we're going to lose out on a gigantic source of trade income as it is basically the funnel that sends all the wealth in the Americas directly to Seville.

This is exactly why I switched to the merchants. We need this.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
Can you tell us what the traits of the new sultan are, since we have the opportunity to just let those traits run things?

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Hashim posted:

The personality traits actually fire at set intervals, the next one will be after Abdul-Hasan rules for 10 years. He does start with one trait, though, Careful (AE impact -10%).

Got it. Going to stay a merchant, then. Still plenty of Caribbean to take.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

WilliamAnderson posted:

Southern Colonization Effort. We must colonize the southern continent and divert the trade back to Al-Andalus.

Supporting this.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

We need to break France. Honestly we needed to quite a while ago.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Rodyle posted:

gently caress Em, They're French

1) THOU ART THEE STICK OUR BOYS IN THE PYRENEES DO IT DO IT DO IT
2) All spending, research, and building rights granted to fulfil point 1

e: Amendments always welcome!

Haven't played this in years, but is the go-to move for crushing France still occupying most of the country, then just hanging out on it letting revolt risk rack up and manpower crater while you loot them for 5 years, then finally signing the peace and letting rebels split them into 15 mini-nations?

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Rodyle posted:

gently caress Em, They're French

Supporting this.

I'm kinda meh on taking territory in this war, we should probably spend as much warscore as we can loving them as badly as we can before we bother taking territory. Like they've got a big chunk of reformist territory in the west - if we can split them into factions divided by religion they'll spend all their time fighting each other. Or if we can split off their colonies so they no longer get income with which to rebuild their army. That kind of thing will go much father towards beating them in the next war than a couple of provinces, even they Pyrenees.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Rodyle posted:

As an aside, though not a formal proposal, I think in further conflicts with France we should refrain from taking their land directly.

That's what we'd suggested last time. Drive up revolt risk and grind manpower to 0 through long occupation, split off French nations. Instead we got the Pyrenees and independent Corsica for some reason. So, get ready for another war with France as soon as the truce is over. We barely bloodied their nose, they'll be coming back.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Hashim posted:

I did do that, I had France mostly occupied for five or six years, and tons of rebels popped. The problem was most of them were either Aragonese separatists (land we wanted to take) or Noble rebels, and that's about it.

Ah, got it. Bad luck on rebel draws then (or changes since I last played).

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Merchants. The Taifa is totally going to win, and that's fine and that's good, but I'd also like to make sure we rebuild a navy and start working to get some of the pacific colonies if possible.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
Moderates please. Burn off the infamy, build up the industry, then we can jump in.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
A

And anyone who votes B goes up against the wall.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
Gas attacks on the most populous city in the world, and people are still willing to sign up?

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Gantolandon posted:

I saw my share of people whiteknighting totalitarian communist regimes, but usually those regimes actually existed. It rarely happens that people bother to defend the honor of an imaginary dictator and point out that maybe he starved some imaginary people, but at least defeated some imaginary fascists.

I wonder how you say Kulak in Andalusi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I feel like we should conquer Jizrunid Isle out of principle.

Good news comrades, we’ve located our nuclear testing site.