Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But... he's not a bloodthirsty psychopath and Al Andalus is being invaded. This could actually end badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I still don't get why they didn't cut Fath II's leg off to cure the plague.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TildeATH posted:

It always ends with a Juzrunid getting something important cut off or out.

Why does cutting bits off cure tuberculosis etc anyway? It seems to be both the only effective treatment and an always effective treatment, for everything.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Peace through power. Power through having more silver than everyone else.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Whit27 posted:

I, Whit27, propose that we strengthen our grip on the Sevillan trade node. One merchant should collect trade there with the other transferring trade power from incoming nodes. We should build marketplaces in our Sevillan trade centers and send a heavy or two to hunt pirates in the Sevilla trade node to guard against the barbary pirates.

I have no idea what this means, so it's probably very intelligent.

I, Master Badger of the Guild of Merchants, support this proposal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I remain with the League of Merchants

It is silver that rules the world, not steel.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I stand with the Merchants.

We must avoid ruinous and expensive wars with the european powers at all costs. Europe's time is past, we should invest all of our effort into exploiting the new lands that Allah has revealed to us.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I, Master Badger of the League of Merchants, propose the Peace in Our Time proposal. Al-Andalus shall stay out of any war in which there is any possibility of doing so, using the money saved to build a strong navy that will ensure nobody will try to threaten our overseas dominions.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We have gone too far. Not only do we take instruction from dhimmi 'experts', the law now considers dhimmis to be every bit as good as proper pious Andalusians. I must change my allegiance to the Ulema and hope we can reverse this disasterous trend before the Christians who could not conquer us by force take us over from within.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Viola the Mad posted:

I, Sheikha Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, propose the Western Muslim Brotherhood Act: Let us try to mend relations with the Almorovids as much as possible. Our mighty victories have cost us huge amounts of money (oh, and people I guess), and the last thing we need is another expensive war. If we must go to war, it should be with the vulnerable Christians, or even with this so-called caliphate in the East that dares to demand our allegiance. We have centuries of friendship with Morocco--we should not throw that away after one king made a foolish decision.

In addition to my faction members, I encourage other factions, especially the Ulema, to support this act in a coalition vote.

I give cross-bench support from the Ulema for this proposal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

While I am definitely in favour of the Rebel Suppression Act, I feel it is more urgent that we stop the madmen in the Taifas from invading the Almoravids.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Grizzwold posted:

I propose the Religious Unity Act, directing the sultan to convert as many provinces as possible to the true faith, prioritizing catholic regions. At least the Shia are Muslims.

I support this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr_Autoshades posted:

There's just going to be an Anti-intellectual thread in our aristocracy that's not going to go away isn't there?

It does explain how things tend to go when the New Taifas are in power...