Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
A

Morocco has way, way too long a history as a unified nation state for direct occupation to seem like a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

B because I absolutely do not trust that a unified Morocco can be kept down. Our history is too toxic for us to be allies in the long term and unless we dismember it now we are going to find ourselves right back where we started a decade from now.

Don't want to end with a Cold War due to a Andalusian-Moroccan split.

I’m pretty dubious that Morocco is remotely capable of being a serious power in a cold war regardless of what happens. Their colonial empire is collapsing as we speak and, correct me if I’m wrong Hashim, but the Mahgreb has not really been all that powerful in and of itself.

If the Bengali win out in India Morocco seems thoroughly done.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

A part of me hopes the Moroccan Sultans flee to Australia like the Butlers did to the New World.

Because a Moroccan Australian sultanate is hilarious.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

You say that now, but don't come complaining to me when Morocco starts clawing its way back into relevancy and trying to re-establish ties with its old holdings, as it did when we defeated it the last two times.

Morocco never lost its colonial holdings the last two times.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

We'll be lucky if Communist Morocco is anything but complete anarchy and assassinations.

Hey, we were complete anarchy and assassinations and we turned out fine.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

Yeah that was one of the bigger head scratchers. Not sure what the goal was there.

You have to understand the spirit of the time. We had JUST got our poo poo back together for the most part and were terrified of losing it again to France, our big and terrifying neighbor.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

This is like the JRPG end boss Safer Sephiroth version of the Big Blue Blob, where a Fascist Frenchman has fused his torso to an anime starship or loving something.

I believe in Comrade Mizanur :negative:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Nuking the French is the best possible ending we could hope for at this point. We have the premier air force so maybe it's a realistic possibility? :shepface:

I have no idea how nukes work in HoI4

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

it will be cool when we become war criminals responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians and lose the war anyway

Unironically agreed.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

aren't we incredibly anti-religion or did I miss something?

If we're anything like the USSR and China, the anti-religion is probably not terribly successful and will crumble at a stiff breeze :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

To be fair, we chose no allies but also never actually ACTED on our intentions towards the CSE.

And I don't think anyone expected Russia to fold like they did. That's the wildcard that put us where we are now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I would be genuinely surprised if the Berbers have the time or energy to hate us with the two continents they have to find a way to govern without balkanizing.