Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pvt.Scott posted:

What's that one do? I forget.

Gives you access to the buttons needed to recruit Retinues.

I am digging this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Once we lived in the Age of Legs, now we live in the Age of Penises.

I wonder what maiming will mark the next age of the Juzrunids.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

No, the initial rulers were Levantine, then the title got usurped by a Greek Muslim.

Now I'm sadder that they're gone.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GSD posted:

there can never be enough caliphornias

It's always Sunni in Philadelphia.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

I actually finished playing CK2 a couple weeks ago, and... I kinda got a bit ahead of myself, so most of the conversion is already done. I was going to just use the converter, but that ended up being a shitshow, so I ended up converting most of it by hand.

Yeah, the converter is rubbish and good for nothing more than creating country files, and even there with caveats. I take it you've used the Clausewitz Scenario Editor to keep yourself sane? Also, which year are you concluding the CK2 part of the game?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dick Trauma posted:

What is the official flag of Flagchat?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

So I ran the first observer game for the eu4 mod today...

Poor Al Andalus got wrecked. Hard. And it's only 1533.

Honestly, that's a good sign. When I converted a certain previous game from CK2 to EU4 my nation always got wrecked in observer games. You will do a lot better than the AI but there's still some tension.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Patter Song posted:

Why go to the New World when we can use naval superiority to bring the Quran and the wisdom of the Prophet to Africa, India, China, and the mysterious Spice Islands? Riches await in the distant Orient.

And, get this, you can reach India and China by going west.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Deceitful Penguin posted:

It would be neat to help our bro in the Mideast too.
I mean, it would be amusing to just take the part in the middle to reach all the way to the east but still. Though seeing as the High Native Americans are apparently kicking about, it will be curious to see if folks manage even that~

Man, if only we'd gone for Islamic Ireland/Iceland. Just completely block off European colonization.

Andalusia is Europe, though.

The main practical reasons to do colonization in a LP are two. First, it gets the player-nation involved with more of the world, which adds variety and makes what would be background events in other continents relevant to the playthrough; and second, allowing for expansion/conquests that can be naturally broken off as colonies rebel or gain autonomy, which can help reduce the blobbing between EU4 and V3 while still maintaining a cultural connection and a stake in those places, providing ample opportunities to engage them even after the family went its own way. Similar to our relationship with Sicily and Jerusalem, but spread around the world.

I have given this way more thought than I should.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Crazycryodude posted:

What do you know and how do you know it :tinfoil:

The truth, and I just do.

Though Hashim should slow down his playthrough or the thread will be archived before V3 is past its tenth dev diary if he decides to wait for it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Patter Song posted:

...What?

Egypt is held by Christians. Anatolia is almost completely held by Christians. Tatar Muslims hold far less of Russia/Ukraine.

A few embarrassing sacks of Rome are what they are, but Christianity fared very well here. The loss of Sicily and half of Spain is more than made up for by Egypt(!!!!!!!!!!!!). Egypt is key.

I agree, but Egypt isn't worth that much in EU4, it lost power in a manner similar to the Levant and is surrounded by a lot of hostile powers, so it will either win big at the start or be crushed by an alliance early on. I'd say Anatolia is a much bigger loss for the Muslim world, and the greater level of schism all over will probably lead to either a violent consolidation or persistent fragmentation in the Middle East itself, Iran and Nicaea seems to be the states best positioned to take advantage of the situation. Mostly Islam won in the western Mediterranean and lost in the east.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A
A
B
B
A

Just by looking I can hear a bell ring!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

New Taifas

Let us drive the Christians back into the North Sea where they belong!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Switching from Taifas to Merchants.

Support exploration or something.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Deceitful Penguin posted:

In that case I vote to end voting and going back to absolutism please for quicker updates

Same.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Support the loyalists, for a Sultan should be an absolute ruler, not the mediator of petty protesters second-guessing Allah's chosen ruler of our people.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Switching from Loyalists to Merchants, get some colonisation gone-going.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Good sport.

Joining the , because we need to get those colonies back on track now that the homeland is secure.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Merchants! Before we run out of credible enemies now that France is in a death spiral! Also to paint the new world with our colours.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Let it B.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jeez, Hashim, are you alright? Do you need a hug? Have a hug.

:roboluv:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

So Yazidi faction in the Majlis when?

Okay, let's try to get some Yazidi rebels and convert, I am sold.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Iberia will be restored once again, praise be to Allah!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yay, she's back!

What the hell happened between Russia and Scandinavia?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Talas posted:

I submit the :toot: Can't you see we need a hand, in the navy :toot: Act for rebuilding the Andalusian Navy and get ready to wrestle control of commerce in the seas... soon.

This works.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

There is still time to turn this around, all we need is more wars. We have the cores, we have the CBs, we can do this.

Alternately, just survive til Vicky 2, prestige into GP, sphere everyone and peacefully unify.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

The future of Al Andalus is as bright as ever! (spoilers from next update)

Talk about getting out of our way to lose the game.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

C.

Hashim, did the successor states inherit al-Andalus' ideas (and selected groups)? Because I think that could be a big factor if they're distinct in their sets.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jeoh posted:

I think Azerbaijan went reasonably well?

Azerbaijan, which was conquered repeatedly by Russia and lost the world war by W.O.

I guess there was the Afghanistan LP that went well, but that died in the transition to EU4.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

In AfghanLP, Islam never conquered India, and was thrown out of Iran and Iraq by Nestorian Timur. Northwest Africa was lost to Catholic Arabs. So it's not particularly great for Islam.

ByzLP went alright for Islam, I think. Speaking of, y'all remember the Deluge? That was a good time.

I remember more the good days, but I reckon you'd have a more precise memory.

I feel the only runner-up to the FUBAR al-Andalus got into would be the Srbj LP during the more difficult times of the MESS (Middle Empire of Sacred Serbia).

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Shouldn't factions be getting maluses from how many Maijis support them instead given our performance as administrators and advisors.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Can we keep Lord Cyrah as our ruler through all of V2? A man with that physique has the health to manage a country for a century at the very least.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Artist's rendition of our beautiful leader.

Can I vote gold on the thread again.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

It's nice that Bavaria has a lot of small countries to revolutionize around it and should keep Le Big Blue Blob from eating all of Iberia through the last legs of EU4.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I like the smell of this burning world.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

So what you're saying is that this isn't what the Majlis has been working towards all along? :confused:

I hope this becomes canon.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I C.

I hope we don't get hit with another arbitrary civil war or rebellion event, Allah knows we already have way too many cards stacked against us.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

@attn Hashin: If you're gearing up to do V2, the Clausewitz map editor works with it (I think you may need to use an older version though), you only set factories, forts, cores and ownership through it. There's a POP editor tool you can use to change demographics by a percentage, targetting it through several parameters (like pop type, culture, cores present, etc) to tune them to whatever you like, which is exceptionally handy when it comes down to doing total conversions and will save you a lot of hours and energy. I really can't recommend POPAdjuster enough.

As for OOB files, I don't think there's an easy way to do it, they are easily what annoyed me the most the last two times I converted a scenario for Vicky 2. Just make some regiment and navy templates and assign them. If you look at the files I used in the Gold Rules the World scenario, it's quite transparent. Feel free to hit me up on Steam if you want help with the conversion, same username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

We'll have the chance to become a great power before Vicky starts, yes.

I take it that's only slightly slimmer chance than the one we have for starting it as a OPM.