Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Hashim posted:

Yeah, the throne kinda landed in his lap. I'll go into more detail in the next chapter, but he was a bastard born to Sultan Fath, only legitimised a few weeks before his assassination. That makes him the son, brother and uncle of three different Sultans, all of whom died before their time. He's been chilling with a few counties he inherited ever since Fath's death, in 1245.

I hope he has his own will in order :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Vivre l'Occitan! :france:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Iblis! :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Hashim posted:

Didn't expect there to be another 17000 rebels. Two lost battles and capturing Napoli was enough to force me to surrender.

Its too bad. Sicily was the jewel of the Andalusi empire

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

TildeATH posted:

A map with ugly borders.

Wow trigger warnings please

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Luhood posted:

Things are looking up in the Far West as well, not to mention in Africa. Here's to seeing a Mandé South America, and a Polynesian Mexico!

Things never end up well for native Americans I guess :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Ullama, as faith must be spread, even up to the highest mountaintops.

The llama is my light in this dark time

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Chatrapati posted:

I, Chatrapati of the Ulama, propose that brilliant mosques and universities should be built throughout the land to meet the spiritual needs of the people.

We do not need to put our Christian brothers to the sword, but let them marvel at the holiness of Al-Andalus so that they may come back to Islam of their own volition.

(Don't know much about this game, but if it's possible, build mosques and universities)

Yes, we must build the most beautiful and intellectual buildings in the world!

I, Slaan al-Andalusi, vote for Building Mosques and Universities in the Ulama court

Slaan fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 7, 2017

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Duey posted:

I, Du'ey, of the Ulama, propose that it should be the policy of the government to fund the building of a mosques in every province for the purpose of supporting the faithful.
(Not sure if this counts as a policy)

I, Slaan al-Andalusi, toss my support towards this proposal

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I remain with the Ulama. We must spend time recovering from our losses, training new Holy Warriors and, most importantly, converting the infidels into the true faith. A shifting sand can not be stood upon, and until we create bedrock out of these provinces by implementing the will of God, we shall never come to victory against the might of France and Italy.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Snipee posted:

I, Snipee of the Ulama, propose that we dedicate resources towards developing an alliance with Bavaria to weaken the Kingdom of Italy. Palermo must not fall.

Who knows. Maybe the Bavarians could even be useful should the Merchants mismanage that inevitable war with the French.

I, Slaan al-Andalusi, back this measure before the council. The Celts may not be the best ally, but Palermo is. We must make sure they do not lose our foothold in Italy.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Frionnel posted:

It requires archives, so if you have that, here you go. Enjoy all 857 pages! Never be on the populists side!

ABC: Always Be Communatarian

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Mountaineer posted:

Okay let's try this again.

The hated French may have captured Andalusian land, but have they captured the hearts of the Andalusian people who live there? I think not, and our brothers in the occupied lands must already be plotting rebellion. Let us devote some resources to supporting rebels in France.

The Faithful are within every land, yearning to serve Allah openly and in peace. But they cannot do so until they throw off the infidels yoke. I, Slaan al-Andalusi, support this measure

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Snipee posted:

Like hell we are going to accept the Christians.

:agreed:

I remain with the Ulama

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, the Dalai Ullama, propose the Toleading from the Front Act. We move our capital to Toledo and increase it's development to 30. We must show the other Iberians that we are not a southern Iberian nation, but the central and most prominent Iberian nation. By moving our capital to the center, we show them that we will not be backing down. Plus, the previous sultan made it oh so nice and pretty.

The llama knows all, the llama is smart. The llama gets my vote

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I Slaan al-Andalusi move that we improve our Diplomatic tech up to par with the majority of nearby powers. We cannot convert souls to the True Faith unless we are able to speak to them. We cannot do this without learning the newest methods of speech and writing or having access to the people of foreign nations

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Ulama for Life

:same:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose that we Centralize the Government, as in move our capital to the center of Iberia, Toledo. We cant lead from the bottom forever from the easily raid-able and recently burnt down current capital.

I, Slaan Al-Andalusi, support this measure. Cadiz has long been our capital, but it has outlived its relevance. We must now govern as God wills, and the best way to govern well is to govern centrally and in peace.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

tunapirate posted:

I'd like to note that the ulama are the only legitimate faction of the Majlis not to botch ruling the country.
So I'll stick with the ulama.

Precisely! Allah is the only leader we need in these troubling times. Men have been shown to be corrupt and weak.

Ulama

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Grizzwold posted:

I propose the Religious Unity Act, directing the sultan to convert as many provinces as possible to the true faith, prioritizing catholic regions. At least the Shia are Muslims.

Yes, the Christians are misguided and can be forgiven. But the Shia rebel against God's realm. They must be brought back into the true path before it's too late for them.

I support this

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Grizzwold posted:

That attitude seems to be at odds with the proposal you're backing, though? I wrote it to focus on converting the Christians first.

You're right. I transposed Shia and Muslim in my head!

But Allah willed this vote so it stands

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Erwin the German posted:

My fellow Ulema, it is clear that our survival requires the patronage of a Muslim power on equal footing to us, one that has reached out to us before, yet we senselessly turned away in our boundless pride...

I refer, of course, to the Vakhtani Caliphate. I propose the Recognition Act: Let us end our rivalry with them, acknowledge them as the Caliphate of Islam, and join forces so that in future wars against our true adversaries, the perfidious Christians of Europe, we are not so easily overwhelmed.

Allah has spoken through the words of this Imam. All of the Ulema have seen that. I too support His will!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Chatrapati posted:

Although commendable, there is still difficulty in showing our future brothers of God the light of Islam. I propose we instead focus on increasing our piety through any means. After this period of strife we need to turn our thoughts towards Allah, so that we can inspire the common folk with our faith and they can return to Islam in kind.

Only a pious nation is a safe nation. Allah is needed in our lives more than ever after this turbulent time. I support this measure

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ulama

Allah4lyfe

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Snipee posted:

I propose the Islamic Iberia Act to finish converting the rest of Iberia over to Sunni Islam. We have made great progress in the last several decades, but we are not done yet. If we conquer any new territories on the peninsula, then we should immediately start working on enlightening them as well.

Agreed , when we praise Allah he will bless us in turn

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Erwin the German posted:

Indeed!

Which is why I propose the Deus- er, Allah Vult Act. Make Religious our fourth national idea! (If that can't be a proposal, then Revolting Dhimmi Get Converted Act)

This gets my support

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

https://lpix.org/2791686/Ulama2.png

I, Slaan al-Andalusi propose the New World, New Souls Act

1. The crown is to build mosques in our New World colonies
2. The crown will prioritize converting New World provinces to the faith of Allah
3. The crown will use military force to claim pagan territory for Allah if necessary or the opportunity arises, so that the souls of the local people can be saved

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Erwin the German posted:

I cast my lot with the Loyalist faction, which should be synonymous with the Ulama under the current ruler! Join me in caucus with the Loyalists, my fellow imam. Here is a man touched by the very spirit of the prophet!

Aye! A religious Sultan is what we have been waiting for! We must support him in whatever he does, for he surely does it for Allah!

Loyalist

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

What's the grey ish blob in Norwa, pagan?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Mountaineer posted:

Too bad the New Taifas aren't in charge. I think we're due for a military idea set. Well, there's always coalitions, so let's so if this works out!

/

Proposing the More Men for the Sultan's Army Coalition

I think both our factions share an interest in building our nation's military strength. In previous wars our weakness was running out of manpower, forcing the Sultan to hire mercenaries and take on massive debts to defend the nation. We can solve this problem by adopting Quantity Ideas to bolster the size of our army.

Agreed. We should increase the size of our military so that the Sultan may spread the word of Allah easier to the misguided fools in France and the poor heathens in North America

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Fraternité · Egalité · Islamité

:france:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A. The Sultan was proclaimed Sultan by Allah's will! We cannot overthrow the Will of God, blasphemous fools!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Refuse him, only the line of Utman is legitimate!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Not if the merchants keep running things we won't :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Agean90 posted:

no jihad but class jihad

Qft

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Reformed Ulema

I turned my back on Allah to put my faith into the Sultan, last time. And you see what it got me? A lost head.

I shall forever follow the Holy Path from this point forward!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

devildragon777 posted:

Going to propose the Religious Revival Act.

1: Build/Upgrade to Great Mosques wherever and whenever possible
2: Take Administrative Ideas
3: Advance Humanist Ideas as fast as possible, to reduce revolts

Edit: Would Innovative Ideas be better than Administrative?

Seconding this bill

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Praise Allah! The Andalusi shall continue their rise under the Sultan's wise leadership

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Hashim posted:

Everything in this update was played before my little hiatus, so I can't remember anything :haw: I'll actually play the first update and put it up soon though.

The new sultan is already forgetting things and going senile? The curse strikes again! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Is India still open? South Africa and the western US?