Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I really wonder if it's more common for smaller/muslim realms sometimes, because the only other time I've gotten it legit is as the Ibadi dude in the viking age bookmark in Marrakesh

Also dangit, I wish you'd have started earlier because there's a certain joy in fabricating claims in Ireland as a muslim; because of all the churches you can just ignore reforming it and gain a great powerbase early on with very little effort as you conquest through it.

The fact you sometimes lose it again doesn't really matter; Sunni irishmen is a goal worthy in of itself and as you well know, green is the colour of islam so claiming the emerald isle is just good religion.

I had Sunni Irishmen liberating Ireland from the pesky English once. It was beautiful. drat I wish I still had that save file. Converting it would be sweet.

Good luck on your LP Hashim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Siegkrow posted:

Dammit I can't find any paradox Mega-LP with sunset invasion :[

Gold Rules the World featured the Aztecs loving poo poo up.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
The only time I've ever gotten the Child of Satan chain was when I was playing as an Iberian sultan as well.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
This family can't catch a break, can it? :smith:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

And now you know that you must get revenge on the Irish for their participation in the Crusade! (Seriously dammit invade Ireland)

Once Al Andalus is safely under our control is when we can start looking for greener pastures.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Blegh, I still think it's a missed chance not going for it earler; It's even got that lovely Islamic green colour for a kingdom!

And it's still part of my fondest memories of being the Ibadi king of Ireland, though that was in the earlier start-dates when conquests are way better.

Oh trust me, Sunni Ireland is one of my favorite things that randomly happened in my Bulgaria game oh so long ago. And that was from the Ivalyo the Cabbage start too.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Man, I didn't know cancer was so rampant in the Middle Ages.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Luhood posted:

Honestly... I kind of disagree. I'd LOVE it if they made some more clear mechanics regarding the hows and whys of culture spread, not to mention culture melds. There is nothing I despise more than seeing a massive "Irish" across Iberia after I managed to conquer it in a crusade and just by chance had my culture spread there. The Norse for instance were in-/famous for their tendency to spread to wherever they could get their hands on, and their Norman and Rus descendants likewise. In comparison the French didn't really spread outside of Alsace and northern Iberia, nor did the Germans outside of the Wendi-Prussian lands along the southern coast of the Baltic Sea. Italy drove the Moors out from Sicily, the Turks invaded Anatolia, and so on and so forth.

As for Islam spreading to Scandinavia I'm all for that! That one actually makes sense in the whole "Pagans converting to non-Paganism" sense that fits a historical narrative. Iberia suddenly speaking Irish Celtic out of nowhere, driving out possibly millions without any change in the nearby areas... I just don't really like Paradox' culture mechanics in general.

It is a whole mess of event code to create melting pot events. It's also tough to account for every possible culture blend.

At least with the way it is I can just easily code my own events when I need them.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Are you sure we're not the Visigoths? :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Zakrelo posted:

though with france as his primary title it makes seem a bit strange

That's because k_france is weighted to be more prestigious than it's other Frankish kingdoms. You probably have to be Old Frankish or French to form Francia I'll bet.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Nice to see Al Andalus doing well for once.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
It's always cancer, isn't it? :ohdear:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

It's always cancer, isn't it? :ohdear:

algebra testes posted:

I can cure that.

Just let me cut off your dick. :wiggle:

We're doomed to repeat history aren't we?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

PurpleXVI posted:

Did the Jizrunids manage to take any Castillian territory? Or was it all just war reparations?

If I recall, you can't take any territories when a Crusade/Jihad/Holy War is called on you.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
An amazing victory.

When do we get ball cancer again?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Don't forget that multiplayer game where Wiz colonized Louisiana with the "Duq Dynasty" :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Imgur loves to delete my images in less than 24 hours. LPix is the way to go.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hashim posted:

and it's definitely looking like France will be a real pain come EU4 :)

Sounds like par for the course when it comes to mega-campaigns.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

ninjahedgehog posted:

So did the Timurids just not show up in this game?

Hashim posted:

Yeah... that was my fault. I wanted the to shake up Central Asia and India in the lategame, because they seemed really static throughout the LP, so I modded him into a militant Buddhist who'd make a beeline straight for India, but I evidently didn't test it enough and it bugged out :(

The Timurids have really exact prerequisites to appear in vanilla either way, so they rarely appear the farther you are from their actual appearance.

It's something like "one specific providence in Afghanistan has to be Sunni" or the whole thing fails to happen.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hashim posted:

Sahidic (Crusader culture) is present along the Egyptian coast

More like Bohairic. :agesilaus:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
B
B
B
A
A

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Reveilled posted:

Since you mentioned not having a clear idea for areas not mentioned, here's one I'd like to offer:

The High Count - We often think of the Native Americans as being tribes inhabiting a vast pristine land which was ripe for colonisation, but many now believe this is not actually so. What explorers in our time found was not a idyllic paradise inhabited by tribes who had failed to advance, but rather a post-apocalyptic wasteland inhabited by the survivors of society destroyed by a world-ending litany of diseases. It's now commonly believed by many scholars that the population of America on the eve of Columbus' arrival was much, much higher than we normally think of it.

So, suppose the natives lucked into a religious/cultural custom that gave them a proto-germ theory. They wash their hands, use soap and alcohol to clean, practice careful quarantines. Now throw in the primary explorers being from a small island with little disease, and a cosmopolitan Muslim Iberia which also places a religious emphasis on cleanliness. The apocalypse never comes.

North America is covered in small independent kingdoms everywhere except the Great Plains and frozen north. Colonisation has to be done through conquest instead of colonists, just like with the Aztecs and Incas. The Amazon is mostly a forest, and woods near the river, and controlled by a relatively advanced state (maybe a republic to mix it up a little?).

If this gets us the Sioux Iron Confederacy I'm in.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Zakrelo posted:

Seems kinda similar to that campaign with eldritch Australia, doesn't it? Different danger but its still a more dangerous more valuable Australia.

I think it was one of the choices for Australia in that LP as well.

Man, that would've changed everything in that campaign.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
West African colonies is going to be pretty sweet.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Also the Aztecs were a major power in Gold Rules the World.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

theblastizard posted:

Coming soon to an LP near you: The Inuit invasion of Europe

I did make an pretty barebones Inuit culture for CKII years ago. I doubt it still works today. Here's the only screenshot I took.

It's from the first version. I know I ended up making the Viking armor a Skræling melting pot of Norse and Inuit later on.

drat, I should go back to modding.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

catlord posted:

I remember that it was pretty cool, I think you had a couple other pictures from earlier in development. I remember you misspelled 'Arctic.'

:smithicide:

I really wish you could spellcheck code.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

New Taifas

Now is the time to unite Iberia under Islam.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Siding with the Merchants this time. All the New Taifas got us was Aggressive Expansion and bitter humiliation.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Afraid of offending the French. Can we make this guy king of the merchants?

Looks like someone forgot what happened to the AI all those test runs ago...

Hashim posted:

So I ran the first observer game for the eu4 mod today...

Poor Al Andalus got wrecked. Hard. And it's only 1533.

We must not let Al Andalus fall to unneeded aggression.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I, Hilal Garsiya Sanyoid of the Merchants, propose that we begin funding a stronger navy to protect our financial interests from pirates and Christians.

EDIT:

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Superiority Policy: Develop the size and power of our navy so that it exceeds that of our strongest plausible naval rival. Consider this auto-withdrawn if we're already the strongest naval power in the area.

Essentially this.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 11, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Provence seems to like us a little.

EDIT: What's that green country below the "I" in Italy?

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 11, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hashim posted:

If two policies are conflicting, then the Sultan picks between them, and I'll make the decision based on their personality. The current sultan is cruel, tall and is a 2/4/2, for reference.

I'll let the session run for a few more hours and close it tomorrow morning, cos I've got a lot of stuff to do atm, then try to get an update out tomorrow or the day after.

I take it if the Merchants policy canceled one of the other factions out it would win based on us being the majority party?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Smoky Bandana posted:

It's more the hassle of wading through hundreds of low content voting posts every update.

I'm also not looking forward to the inevitable "in-character bigotry" that ends up happening.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I propose we embargo the Celts. They don't deserve any of the trade going through the Mediterranean.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'm dropping my previous policy for a new one: The Emerald Jihad

Brother and Sisters of Al Andalus, we are in dire need of money after our defeat at the hands of the French. In our time of need our allies abandoned us. Rumors say our so-called allies sit on piles of gems that they gain from their conquests. I say we show the Celtic Empire what happens when you turn your backs on your friends. We must amass an invasion force to capture Ireland. The French would probably strike one of us during this war so I ask that we send diplomats to France to broker a non-aggression pact so they may deal with the Celts on the larger island unopposed. Also, we may need to fabricate a claim or two to gain a proper beachhead.

I feel that this could be a policy all factions could stand behind (but couldn't propose since only the Merchants can declare a war of conquest)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
If Egypt could be dismantled it would reconnect us.

Also so strange to see Iconoclast as the reigning religion in the Anatolia. Must be a pretty :geno: area.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Dick Trauma posted:

Not an easy time to be cathar... :smith:

It could soon be the best if the Reformation happens.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'd like to point out for the council that no one has actually proposed dissolving the alliance with the Celts this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Mountaineer posted:

Can't dissolve an alliance that no longer exists. The Celts broke it when they dishonored our call to arms against France.

I forgot about that. Kind of a stupid mechanic; since the AI will call you in any battle.