Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I'd love a gimmick run where we'd war to keep everyone else from colonizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Muslim America has been done, tbh.

I really hope that he's running the best DLC and it will be a struggle to just get any land for colonization~

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Again, I really hope that Hashim had the best DLC on when he started, because that will give the best scenario for the New World by far.

or even

Random New World :getin:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hashim posted:

If you're talking about Sunset Invasion, then no, it wasn't on (pretty much because we started in Iberia, so I'd have been destroyed every time unless I blobbed like crazy, which is never fun). Most of the South American and Mesoamerican nations will start with the High American tech group anyways though, and I'll probably include a New World-scenario in the pre-EU4 vote, to throw a surprise or two in there. Not too sure what they're going to be just yet, though.
Alas, alas. It can actually be quite amusing to swear fealty to them but I suppose teh HA tech group still being in is at least a consolation.

Also:

wait, 2/1 ???

That isn't even the whole duchy of Jerusalem and he should have a way higher demesne?? Is this some kinda CK+ thing? He should be having at least the min 2 from being a king...

also dang, you're hosting these on imgur? LPix is usually better if you wanna archive the LP later

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Cycloneman posted:

I think it's because he's a child and it hasn't set his regent yet.
Yeah, but he should still have the counties or at least more than 2...

gently caress, one of the reasons why I usually land someone instead of keeping it is to get rid of the hassle of having to assign all the drat land. That or stop playing, then start next session with hunting for dynasty members, dwarfs, idiots and wrong religion/culture dudes, depending on how amusing I wanna make things.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I wonder if the Icelanders will once again go on vacay~

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hahaha, you coulda been a couple duchies richer if consumption hadn't gotten you.

Still, I'm curious how you'll be doing this. I hope you aren't going to go for the dull option of Muslim America and instead play for keeps to create Hispania.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Yeah Gothmod is already doing the colonial power thing and Wiz had Muslim America way back when. Double down and become king of the Med with Iberia, Sicily, and Morocco
It would be neat to help our bro in the Mideast too.

ZearothK posted:

And, get this, you can reach India and China by going west.
I mean, it would be amusing to just take the part in the middle to reach all the way to the east but still. Though seeing as the High Native Americans are apparently kicking about, it will be curious to see if folks manage even that~

Man, if only we'd gone for Islamic Ireland/Iceland. Just completely block off European colonization.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yo, what's the development/ideas/missions for Iceland? I find the idea of a buncha crusaders fleeing there incredibly amusing and it certainly woulda changed things around here

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

West African colonies is going to be pretty sweet.
Yeah, outside MP games I don't think I've ever seen them

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

Looks like it doesn't since the Taifas nullified our vote anyway.

Wait we can vote on that?

In that case I vote to end voting and going back to absolutism please for quicker updates

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

WilliamAnderson posted:

You could always only read the posts by Hashim if you hate parliamentary stuff that much.
I, too, greatly enjoy having my browser clogged to the gill with 40 posts, most of which containing updates full of images

You can use the OP, but I suppose if Hashim didn't like this they wouldn'ta done it, so whaevs

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I'm also not looking forward to the inevitable "in-character bigotry" that ends up happening.
lol how often has that happened

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Let the good times roll~

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
How close to the end of EUIV are we? And was this LP gonna go into Vicky2?

Also I wish that the new Vicky2 LP updated as well as this one.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hashim posted:

EU4 ends in 1821, and we're at 1745 now, so not too long left. And yeah, I'm gonna convert it to V2 eventually (though I'm no Patter at vicky, fair warning).
Patter is as good at writing good updates and playing the games as they're bad at doing updates these days, alas.

I'm rereading the Bavaria LP and man, I am almost tempted to get it myself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Patter Song posted:

If you're going to insult me about my update schedule, don't hijack Hashim's thread to do it.

Also, Bavaria campaign took about 9 months for the LP. Mexico will beat that record for sure.
Just an observation compadré, I quite like ya and yer LPs, and uhh, I was there for that and Steppewolf too, so ya don't have to remind me.