Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aw yes I love when Antichrist immediately pops, and this is a great scenario for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've gotten Satan 3 times. The first time I didn't know what was happening and killed the kid after his first sibling died because I was afraid of where poo poo might go.

Kept his wet nurse as my religious advisor for decades.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Look, this is clearly a sign from Iblis that a little bit of blobbing is acceptable.

Then iblis needs to break up some other blobs to make room

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've never seen the Joan of Arc event, what's it entail?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hashim posted:

Yeah, the throne kinda landed in his lap. I'll go into more detail in the next chapter, but he was a bastard born to Sultan Fath, only legitimised a few weeks before his assassination. That makes him the son, brother and uncle of three different Sultans, all of whom died before their time. He's been chilling with a few counties he inherited ever since Fath's death, in 1245.

A man chosen by fortune indeed!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Luhood posted:

You mean "A man who chose his fortune!"

Seems awfully suspicious of him to have everything fall into his lap like that.

I mean to be fair, if he was actually a grand puppet master, he'd have avoided being Sultan.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Outremer Iceland

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The borders!!!!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean we literally have Italian land so it wouldn't even be gamey to just go siege down Rome.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The lack of unified Iberia is horrifying

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HannibalBarca posted:

didn't Ghana happen

A Ghana that doesn't respect the snake in the well is no Ghana at all :colbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Hahaha, you coulda been a couple duchies richer if consumption hadn't gotten you.

Still, I'm curious how you'll be doing this. I hope you aren't going to go for the dull option of Muslim America and instead play for keeps to create Hispania.
Yeah Gothmod is already doing the colonial power thing and Wiz had Muslim America way back when. Double down and become king of the Med with Iberia, Sicily, and Morocco

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I won't accept anything less than the total completion of the Deconquista.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

You can't be in a position this good and not do at least a little colonialism :colbert:

We are going to do some, in the Med and North Africa

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

theblastizard posted:

Misdiagnosis and coincidence.

you can throw yourself into a fire and Satan will regrow your lost bits, and also become immortal or summon Cthulhu.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You should make North Sea into Jerusalem for EU4, after all, as otl shows, once King of Jerusalem, ALWAYS King of Jerusalem.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No really, you should totally make Kingdom of the Isles into Jerusalem. Maybe even give them a mission that gives them a go at it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

1. A
2. B
3. B
4. B
5. A

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

New Taifas

The only way to make sure we're left in peace is to make sure there's no one left on the Iberian peninsula to threaten us. Peace through power!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I, Rodyle, propose in the name of the New Taifas, that we seek to renew our alliance with the Almoravids. This must be done so as to soften them up for when the time comes obtain reinforcements of our own to counter the inevitable Frankish hordes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the enlightened and victorious Taifas, propose that we attack whichever Christian kingdom is weakest and most isolated, with particular attention being paid towards conflicts between them. The goal of these invasions is nothing less than complete annexation for each and every one of them, no matter how many wars it takes.

If I may attach a rider:
Whatever combination of war, alliances, vassalizations, and chicanery is necessary to bring the following territories under our control (with the end goal always being direct rule) is hereby authorized, in order of priority:
1. Iberia
2. Morocco
3. Sicily/Naples
4. Algeria
5. Tunisia
6. Northern Italy

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Have we secured Iberia yet? No?

New Taifas it is then!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So this is how the Deconquista ends: stabbed in the back by our own traders!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

if there is ever more than one country in Iberia, including games where I'm not playing a European country and in real life, I get hives

Portugal, get your poo poo together and swear fealty to Felipe VI already, you're just mucking things up!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Luhood posted:

I, Lutfi al-Uthman, hereby declare a motion that we are to KEEP our alliance with the Celts. If we are to have the Rhine as our goal we can't let their lack of piety stand in the way of a masterful alliance.

I stand with my brother in this, we need allies, and not just ones who we intend to betray and conquer like the Almorhavids.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fellow Taifas, the syncretic llama-man will destroy our anti-French alliance without your support!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We cannot match the French man for man by ourselves, and we already spent blood and treasure on this alliance, why break it before we have a chance to call upon it ourselves?

Even if they should summon us again, we need merely answer the call and keep to our own borders rather than actually engaging.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Merchants, I implore you, use your secondary policy, keep the Frank's contained!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

*as I am being beaten to death by a Frank in front of a productive goldmine marked 'Property of Aragon'*

"But their Epistles!"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You see, when I say that we're being betrayed by Globalist (((Merchants))) it's okay because I'm just being 'ironic'

loving DON'T!

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 14, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Here we see those who would never survive Crete.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I agree with the sentiment here, but we must go further:

I, Ismail al-Cyrahzax, propose that we use the wealth that will surely be coming to us on a comprehensive program of military expansion and reform. We should build a barracks in the capital and in other population centers if possible, while also expanding the size of the standing army, recruiting better officers to lead it, drastically increasing our research into military technology, and maintaining a minimum amount of wealth for hiring auxiliary forces in times of crisis.

:bandwagon:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sticking to my guns, which I point at the North.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Don't Wait - Vassalate Use every effort to make vassals of every small power on the Iberian peninsula.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm switching to catlord's proposal.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 20, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I stand with Flavius

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The hour is here, expel the Christian kings from Iberia

e: and to show our seriousness about uniting all factions behind this goal, the Taifas have arranged a new postal system, to further encourage cooperation and communication!
https://discord.gg/VzwT7nV

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean that's literally what the Puritans were doing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can never assume anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Proposing Business Before Pleasure -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take whatever steps are necessary ( military buildup, alliances, etc) to crush the Almorhavids and take as much territory from them as possible to punish them for their numerous betrayals.

Control of Iberia should be followed by control of the strait.