Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I've been playing CK2 since it came out, but I feel like I'm missing out on some pro tricks that WC players use. Can anyone recommend any videos for advanced strategies, specifically with feudalism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Rodyle posted:

A Ghana that doesn't respect the snake in the well is no Ghana at all :colbert:

Which LP was that again?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

sheep-dodger posted:

Grey Hunter's Ghana LP

Ah yes, the "is it kind of racist to make this many dick jokes?" thread.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Does this mean it's flagchat time soon? :allears:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Southern Italy is the new Tolerance Wolf

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
OUR JEWS WOPS!!! :argh:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Old (Great) Essex

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
C
A
C
B
A

If it's not too late...

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

New Taifas

We have scores to settle. Before we escape to new lands we need to secure our rightful place at home.

edit: Can we have huge dumb arguments like in the Crete LP? Pleeeeeaaaase?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius, who is totally not a Roman, support Emir al-Cyrahzax's proposal to invade the Western Christians.

Flavius Aetass fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 7, 2017

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

For our great party's second policy, I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius, who is totally not a Roman, propose a nation-wide investment in temples.

My reasoning is two-fold: 1) It is for the glory of Allah that we commit to this jihad, and we must honor Him. 2) Temples not only bring the support of the imams, but also help organize our taifas for more efficient taxation (the most halal form of income) to better support God's armies.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I love that you've resisted the urge to take over all of Spain so far, but now in this timeline it kind of irks me that we don't have control over our peninsula. So I'm all for that, although in this game purposely trying to abut France is kinda :pants:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
*extremely mocking voice* I would like to join the merchants

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

WilliamAnderson posted:

I had not yet joined a faction, thanks. I know I probably can't vote yet.

We're voting right now. If you've joined a faction then go ahead.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Still New Taifas for me

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Grizzwold posted:

I will join the League of Merchants. We should not give the French any more cause than necessary to strike at us until we have built ourselves into an economic powerhouse.

Afraid of offending the French. Can we make this guy king of the merchants?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Better jihad than be Claude :colbert:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
The jizyah $$$

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Are the Celts people of the book or pagans?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius of the Taifas, who is totally not a Roman, support Lutfi al-Uthman's plan to keep our alliance with the Celts.

All of you who are supporting this barracks initiative: you are correct that a Muslim boy's place is on the battlefield, defending our land from the Christians. Yet, when given a choice, why would we choose to spend our resources on recruiting more of our own when the Christians are fractured and more than ready to spill their own blood against each other? This alliance strengthens us and weakens all of Christendom in the West. We must keep the priests from dissolving it.

I also urge the Merchants to turn away from their trinkets for a moment to give this thought.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
It's fun to have a say and role play a bit. If that's not your thing there are plenty of LPs that are more straightforward.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I'm also not looking forward to the inevitable "in-character bigotry" that ends up happening.

You're right, we should all roleplay our medieval characters embroiled in religious/ethnic conflict as 21st century gender studies professors at Berkeley

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
No joking around while we colonize the Americas and Africa and fight a literal holy war, guys

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Patter Song posted:

As a Crete veteran and one of the top posters on that thread, I will never, ever do something like that again.

I joined when everyone else seemed to be getting burned out, but I still had fun.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
What's our northern fort situation looking like?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

We must remain vigilant

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I propose the al-Helladid was a Populist Act. These rebellions threaten us during times of war. Filthy opportunists bite at our heels while the infidel marches to our gates. We must stamp out rebellious tendencies in the disloyal provinces by any means necessary.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Humanism? Is that where we have to bow back to the peasants?

:jerkbag:

I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius, who is totally not a Roman, propose that we take ideas and idea groups related to the quality of our soldiers as soon as possible, and support this by hiring a military advisor.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Frionnel posted:

I don't know how you want the first part of this to work when Hashim already said he picks idea groups based on what faction is in power, and it's not the Taifas. The second part alone is really tame to be our single motion.

Because I trust the Sultan to see the wisdom of our suggestion.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Hashim posted:

If that proposal passes, I'll probably just try to increase army tradition and discipline, as well as hire a military advisor. Another idea group won't roll around for the next couple sessions anyways, but if it did, then it would go to the Merchants.

These are all good things that we don't have right now, so I still strongly encourage my fellow Taifas to support this proposal.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Hashim posted:

The wound was a very close call, with the blade missing Hakam’s heart by inches. Unfortunately, however, a deathly fear of battle was instilled into the Sultan from that point onwards. Hakam immediately left his army and returned to Toledo, leaving his brother to crush the remnants of the rebellion.

fake news

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Stickin' with the Taifas

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
We need Muslim Texas. I almost want to join the Merchants just to try to make that happen, but those people you know?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I want to spread to the Western lands, but now we are threatened. We are holy warriors surrounded by enemies. I must remain with the Taifas.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Can you tell us about what armies we may or may not have in the Caribbean? Is it an autonomous colony now? Also how much gold are our colonies bringing us?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Coming back after a long absence to join the Loyalists.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dance Officer posted:

You mean beneath him

:yeah:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I, Emir Flavius al-Belisarius, who is totally not a Roman, propose the Father Cares for Children Act. I encourage the council to yield authority to our beloved Sultan, long may he reign, to focus on improving the prosperity of Greater al-Andalus within the borders his wise father declared to be our charge in the eyes of the Prophet. Let us leave Morocco for the dogs and France to give itself away. We finally have Iberia for ourselves. Let us let our Sultan focus his benevolent hand on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
A to spite the merchants