Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

League of Merchants

The endless wars of the Old Taifa burned our fields and our ports. The Jihad after Jihad, sponsored by the Ulama sent thousands of our bravest to die on the seas to Filastin.

Enough. We have no quarrel with the Northern kingdoms, nor should we build castles for men that do not work. We must do labour, and we must do so on the seas.

Besides, I hear there are islands west of the Canarias that will make us rich enough to buy Aragon outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
There is no Paradox Curse, everything is fine and has always been fine.

ZearothK posted:

LOL if you finish your megaLP without changing computers at least once and going through the start and end of at least two relationships.

LOL if you finish your megaLP.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

MaxieSatan posted:

"At least things are going badly for those traitors in Frangleterre," then?

Frangleterre will bounce back with high art and culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4n5FPwpfcY

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Voting A! ˇNo pasarán!

Crazycryodude posted:

Space Zunbils are a loving mess that I have no idea where to start with, but that's a good thing that I say with the utmost love and admiration

Space Zunbils have, as of this writing, have the following hell-holes:

1. Psychic Space Feudalism (The Solar Empire) - featuring deals with horrible things in the void, and good old fashioned chattel slavery enforced by orbital bombardment;
2. Literal Space Fascism (Earn Free State) - featuring concentration camps for everyone the government does not find Human enough;
3. Space Megacorp (Zaibatsu Conglomerate) - featuring "loyalty centres" where customers (and their children) that have lapsed in their payments can work them off with some elbow grease, and troops with genetically-enforced obedience;
4. Fully-Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism with Psychic Elements (United Empathetic Networks) - quite a nice place to live if you're Human, actually, with robots doing all the work, and minor races being gently guided in this galaxy for their own protection, and oh no, what's happening, we didn't see this coming at all -
5. KILLALLHUMANS.EXE (Omni Extirpators) - a robot utopia, featuring unstoppable genocidal rage against all things organic, and honestly, I can't really blame them.

There's also the Psychic Space Monks living around a black hole created by Zun himself (Gaian Co-Operative). They're really nice, actually. Friendly to everyone.

Also, an extra-galactic Hive Mind is coming to feed on everything it finds.

Don't live in ZunLP is my point, basically.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

NewMars posted:

You know, Zerothk cut off GRTW because stellaris was way too dull back then to LP. I wonder if they've considered continuing it now that it's getting to an actually pretty amazing state, complete with a megacorp DLC.

That's a good point. ZearothK, bring back a Hansa spinoff!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Beautiful! Now it's time to export the revolution to Frangleterre! Our revolution shall be endless! Permanent, even!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

A whole third of the focus tree starts with 'Succession of the Supreme Leader'

I can only imagine Maz Mazin will be around for a very long time.

Maz Mazin travels around on his personal airship. Nothing could go wrong, for it is lighter than air!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
How bad could it be? A quick practice war, six months, we'll be done by Labour Day.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah, I'm sure they'll really appreciate the subtle differences when Andalusians (in red uniforms this time) annex their poo poo again and put a red veneer on top of the existing state to keep the extractive resources flowing for Our Dear Leader's next war.

Behold! Our red sunrise!

And our brown sunset.

ed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0QuEpg4V4U

Kayten fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 29, 2019

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
A total war!

We could fortify the mountains, block the straits, and kill everything that tries to get on our shores. We'll be fine!

Also yikes, those tank divisions are trash.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Oh say, can't you C...

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
C. Anything else would be off-brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

ZearothK posted:

Grey Hunter did a Ghana LP where he did exactly that, albeit porting it to Distant Worlds.

I think that's the only one. Stellaris is relatively recent, and most people burn out after so many games in a single narrative. And any space game would have to be so different, politically-speaking, compared to conflicts within a single planet, that it would be an entirely different narrative altogether, so that's another obstacle.