Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

Wh-What do you mean that's the actual plot?!

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I've been playing CK2 since it came out, but I feel like I'm missing out on some pro tricks that WC players use. Can anyone recommend any videos for advanced strategies, specifically with feudalism?

I've seen a lot of videos of EU4 WC, but not necessarily CKII. If you want to learn how to improve your game in CKII, Arumba is an interesting watch. That's if you can put up with the whining. To be honest, I have to mute him at points. Here are some of his campaigns, including two with the most recent DLC: https://www.youtube.com/user/arumba07/playlists?shelf_id=4&view=1&sort=dd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

ZearothK posted:

The truth, and I just do.

Though Hashim should slow down his playthrough or the thread will be archived before V3 is past its tenth dev diary if he decides to wait for it.

:tinfoil: It's a witch! Burn her/him/it/parakeet!

(Although, seriously, we know it must be coming at some point. I hope.)

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

The League of Merchants

Al-Andalus shall rule the sea!

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

I, Whit27, propose that we strengthen our grip on the Sevillan trade node. One merchant should collect trade there with the other transferring trade power from incoming nodes. We should build marketplaces in our Sevillan trade centers and send a heavy or two to hunt pirates in the Sevilla trade node to guard against the barbary pirates.

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

I, Muhammad al-Soup of the League of Merchants, propose that we guarantee the independence of Palermo. We cannot allow our access to the wealth of Siqulia be destroyed by Italy! Placing our protection over them is key to keeping our access to the trading ports in the Eastern Mediterranean open. That we cannot protect all the emirs in that region is regrettable, but this will allow us more diplomatic flexibility.

I, Whit27 of League of Merchants second this proposal.
Remember, while colonizing the Azores is a good long-term goal, we'll need to unlock an idea group in order to have any colonists. Also, the Merchants would have to be in power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

I choose to remain with The League of Merchants .

I wouldn't put the blame for our losses on the Merchant Guilds, Taifa. We clearly won on the sea and if you appointed a general with better traits than being the fastest man alive, we might have won on land as well.

Of course, this is the French we are talking about : they always seem to punch a bit over their weight.