Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Icelandic Jerusalem is amazing.

Since they will inevitably get Jihaded into the sea I hope that afterwards the Icelanders will keep the Kingdom of Jerusalem title in Iceland and colonise, resulting in a levantine New Jerusalem in the Americas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

My favourite thing here is Beninese Taiwan.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

The sun never sets on the Moroccan Empire.

For all our ambitions of Iberia being a colonial power, Morocco really has us beat on every front. We're barely even colonising Louisiana - it might be worth spinning off an interior Colonial nation.

Alternatively going for Indonesia might be more profitable.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Throwing my hat in with the Merchants in the hope we'll pick up some of Indonesia.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Talas posted:

I submit the :toot: Can't you see we need a hand, in the navy :toot: Act for rebuilding the Andalusian Navy and get ready to wrestle control of commerce in the seas... soon.

Backing this.

But our Moroccan war should hopefully get us some colonial gains.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

On the bright side, we still own Marajo.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

I'm really glad we're going into Victoria 2 ripe to be a birthplace of liberal unificationist nationalism.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

C

Well, we got our Republic didn't we? Now we've just got to win the Civil War and retake the Warlord states.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

A and backstab the Almoravids in Victoria

Honestly the real protagonist of this LP is Ibriz. I'd vote to tagswitch to them if I could.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Hashim posted:

Iberia in 1836:

Al Andalus is at it's peak, obviously.

Before anyone panics, this is obviously a joke. The Majlis is gonna be wiped out long before 1836.

We still own the Baleares. We're still up from CK2 and we've got some room to go downward.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

I wonder what happened to turn Provence from a merchant Republic to a monarchy. In game I assume low Republic Tradition which switched it to a Republican dictatorship and then a govt change to a monarchy (I don't know if that's possible, Ive never played a Republican dictatorship for long since it seems like the worst of both worlds) but i wonder what the narrative would be. Something like one merchant dynasty monopolizing trade until they had hegemonic levels of control over the city?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Cyrah ibn Cyrah ibn Cyrah

:stwoon:

A Jahan Jahan for a new generation.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

AA

The Tirruni Empire is the Austria to our Prussia in the fight for the reunification of Al-Andalus. We can fight them in a hegemony war in Victoria 2.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

We were so close... :negative:

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Morocco's got to be running low on Manpower at this point. Iberia is probably safe but still what a run of bad luck.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

I can't believe the real final blow wasn't Russia, it was Frangland of all places.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

France-England might actually end up being a hotbed of nationalism all through the 19th century like AH was.

Are the English around as a distinct ethnicity in this world? Or is England pretty much French or Irish at this point?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

C Let's face it, the Majlis was a mess but honestly the Jizrunids were worse and the biggest mistakes of the Majlis tended to be driven by its attempts to topple kings who were genuinely insane.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

A

Let's not go full Hohenzollern here.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

C Almoravids, Vakhtani, loving, etc.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

A I take it back, let's go full Hohenzollern

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

It'll also be a lot more fun if we've got a whole bunch of cores that can cause a crisis later.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Honestly 22 infamy is pretty much no impediment when we've got cores on the entirety of our targets, since we can take everything infamy free.

I guess we should probably avoid colonial expansion for a while but that's the only impact really.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

We 10000000% need to open with the moderates so we can lay the seeds for industralization on day 0. Anything else and we'll fall behind

Modernizers!!! :argh: :argh:

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Modernizers Moderates

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Imperialists

Does colonisation give you a lump prestige sum when it completes? I know it does in Vicky1 (to the point where colonising then selling the colony to someone in exchange for more colonial claims to colonise is a good strategy.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Patter Song posted:

More to the point, focusing on Africa is kind of dumb when Khmer and Palembang are RIGHT THERE and are far more attractive targets, but whatever.

Actually yeah this is a good point. We should look into expanding into South East Asia as well. And the Pacific, for good measure.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Al-Andalus has a serious problem with appointing colonial governors who go rogue and start building local powerbases as soon as they hit the continent.

We have to start vetting or something.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

I think there was a Victoria Revolutions to HoI2 converter that was built into Vicky.

Of course, HoI2 was built on finely crafted rails so there wasn't a whole lot to do in the output it created.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

We are going to get the Versailles Treatment so hard

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Sign me up as Iberian Minister Shahm Alkhinzir which Google reliably tells me is Arabic for lard.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

For the Caribbean, there could maybe be an option for the Morrocans to reach out and ally with the Hishamis in Jamaica and, if they somehow gain victory (i.e. by player intervention because it's unlikely to happen any other way) restore them to power in Ibriz.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Morrocco's equivalent of the deal with the devil event chain is making an agreement with the Jizrunids, who are still hanging out in Malta hoping everyone has forgotten about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

We've actually gained a lot out of this war, just not in terms of direct territory - Western Europe and North Africa is a direct client of Al-Andalus, and we've secured our hegemony over two of our ancestral enemies with healthy buffers between.

We didn't even get a nuking to boot, because Germany took it for us.