Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

PurpleXVI posted:

I know that in EU4, most, if not all, Muslim nations at start get pretty heavily hobbled with a tech penalty due to being from a "worse" tech group than, well, Western Europe, really. Are there any similar penalties or imbalances in CK2?

Muslim's actually start with a bit of an advantage over Christians; in addition to owning counties that tend to be wealthier and more technologically advanced in the earlier start dates, the way that decadence works means that in the early game Muslims have fairly significant bonuses to income and morale. The two earlier start dates usually end up with large Muslim blobs that perform much better than their historical counterparts because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

Poland mostly dodged the Plague in OTL as well, didn't they? Is it just luck, or is there some cultural and/or geographic thing that makes Poland way less susceptible to it?

In game it's intentional; Milan, Poland, and portions of the Pyrenees are in a special region that makes them less susceptible to the Plague.

edit: this seems to be a half-decent summary of why Poland might have been hit less hard OTL

tunapirate fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 1, 2017

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
What's the state of the kingdom as is? If most of your vassals are still imprisoned you might be able to force favorable laws through, or at the very least gain a bunch of opinion bonuses from releasing everyone.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
1. B
2. C
3. B
4. B
5. B

Plague is the only thing that can tear me from my love for the second letter of the alphabet

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Ulama

We must restore the Caliphate of Cordoba and push the Christians beyond the Pyrenees in the name of the Prophet (peace be upon him)! We can offer France no allies and no beachheads in Iberia lest we risk a fatal crusade.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Woe, for look what has befallen the Dar al-Islam! The Faithful in Italy are beset by the Christian scourge and driven from their homes with fire and steel! The House of the Holy -- the second house of Allah on Earth! -- has fallen to the Franks, threatening the holiest city of Makkah by placing it within reach of kafirun.

Truly, the community of Islam is without guide; there is no man amongst us to interpret the zahir -- the esoteric truths of the Qur'an that are imperceptible by reading alone -- with confidence and recognition. Surely we are the worse for this! What the faithful need in this time of strife is a singular ruler to look to for guidance and strength, a singular ruler who can guide the actions of the faithful as by one hand -- the hand of Allah. What the faithful need is a true Caliph.

Who should the faithful look to? Should it not be the Sultan of Andalusia? The greatest of Muslim rulers on Earth and the true heirs to the legacy of Abd al-Rahman, the Defender of God's Faith? Should it not be the Jizrunids, who retook Italy for the faithful and who secured the holy city of Quds from the predations of the Franks?

Truly we would gain favor in the eyes of Allah for securing the land of Al-Andalus for the faithful, but would we not gain ever the more favor by assuming our rightful place as the leaders of the community of Islam? We must look beyond our borders to the Muslims suffering in Italy and in Palestine. We must declare a new Caliphate, so that we may be the head of a new golden age of Islamic faith and learning and not an island of believers alone in a sea of infidels.

I, Tuna al-Birati of the Ummah, propose that the Sultan move to create vassals out of the Muslim princedoms of North Africa and Italy so as to declare a new caliphate.

(also, if someone could give me a proper Arabic translation of pirate I would be ever the thankful)

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Staying with the ulema.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

ulema 'till the day I die

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Affi posted:

Our lands need to be converted! Convert any provinces we can in Iberia!

I'll vote for this proposal.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

AJ_Impy posted:

I propose a continued Coalition between the Ulama and the Loyalists in order to support the Rebel Suppression Act.

Supporting this

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

I'd like to note that the ulama are the only legitimate faction of the Majlis not to botch ruling the country.
So I'll stick with the ulama.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I support this measure, with the addendum that We revoke Dhimmi status from the Castillians, and start converting them first. Preferably provinces close to France. They've shown themselves to be unworthy of religious protection. Plus, France can't save the Iberian Christians if there are no Iberian Christians.

the dalai ulama has my support on this one

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

It's our time bois -- staying with the ulema.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

AJ_Impy posted:

Proposing a Coalition motion: Death to All Infidels.

Supporting this.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
Let's go with A because it's full revolution or nuthin' :v:

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Hashim posted:

And to add to that, we now have a Shia sultan, so tensions between the Sunni majority and Shia minority are going to skyrocket. These two sects don't exactly have a dazzling history of peaceful co-existence, and I doubt the Sunni masses are going to enjoy being ruled by a heretic.

The Egyptians didn't revolt under this bad boy, despite his public humiliation of Sunni exemplars, for what it's worth -- although that was under a much more decentralized regime that was less able to effectively enforce persecution.

Al-Hakim is a great source for weird, arbitrary sectarian punishments tho. Paul Walker, quoted in the Wikipedia page, has a book on Hakim that I think can procure a PDF of through my uni (& is also an amusingly-named and adorably-gruff old man).

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
B.

gotta bring back the dalai ulama somehow :(

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
A, A.

We have to go deeper into the crevasse before we can find a way out

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

habeasdorkus posted:

We're probably fine so long as the French don't throw in with the Almoravids? The Tirruni Empire still seems hella strong.

Idk; with the Germans breaking through the Alps (& supported by Hungarians), the war in Italy restarting, and the threat of France looming ... the biggest army we've seen of Tirruni's is a pair of 20k stacks.

I'd suspect that Tirruni is well out of manpower at this point, and if this conflict drags on for much longer his position isn't looking great.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Hashim posted:

Basically you can 'garrison' any number of troops in a province if you've got a fortress there, and it essentially makes it way harder for us to actually siege that province down, with the added problem of having that massive army launch sorties whenever our besieging force is weakened. So if that 42k army sorties us after a disease outbreak or something, we're hosed.

Haven't played MoTE in a while. Do they suffer any attrition while they're garrisoned, or does the game just assume sufficient supplies to feed 40k men exist in one star-fort?

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
Is the Rif our Alsace-Lorraine, because I feel like we should make the Rif our AL

#WatchOnTheStrait

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
A.

A choice between fascists and non-fascists really isn't a choice at all.

Andalusia needs you. Do your part.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
In advance of the HoI 4 conversion, could we get a map of political ideologies? With so many revolts in so many countries, it's a little hard to keep track of who is what by the end of Vic2.

I'd be more than happy to help out -- would just need save-game access 👀

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Hashim posted:

There's one more update to go in Vicky, just a state of the world to wrap things up, so I'll try and include a world map with country ideologies listed. If there's anything specific that you want to know, let me know and I'll include it.

I'm assuming that in the interest of HoI 4 gameplay there will be some rough alliances (like the Absolutist Alliance) introduced by the end of Vic 2 -- my ~dream map~ would show both gov't ideology & alliance affiliation. Maybe block colors for the former and hatching for the latter ?

It's a stretch goal for if you have the time :v:

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
A. Implosion is the most important Andalusi tradition at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
I know the HoI 4 AI is bad but I'm not gonna count Russia out we get an official capitulation.

I know control over the Mediterranean has been spotty, but if possible we should send over 2-or-so divisions just to sit on Suez so that if Belgrade's advance into Egypt falls apart there are still entrenched troops at the choke point.