Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

The Jizrunids are going to spend an entire year holed up in their castles while their entire population dies around them.

It's not going to be fun.

One year would be mild. I just got through with the plague in the Al-Andalus (also CK2+) game I was inspired to start and play along with the thread and that poo poo lasted like 5 years. It's 10 years since day 1 for the overall epidemic and it's still in one of my provinces.

It also basically hit my realm just as I was finishing up fighting off a crusade for Sicily which was horrifying in it's own right. It's really high-tension design stately fighting a war as the big red blob is creeping towards your realm. Even worse, despite hitting everywhere else on the map it didn't even touch North Africa meaning my 2 sultan level vassals (Africa and Algeria) got to spend that time forming monster factions and rewriting my laws.

Of course this didn't bother my Badshah as he ate an arrow like 20 minute into the crusade from a nobody after killing the king of Denmark 1 on 1.

Despite being locked in for five years and starting with like 40 christians in my dungeon I never even got a food shortage pop up and all my emergency snacks died of the plague. Stupid Regency meant the council wouldn't even let me execute them for fun :( (Also had to kill a shitload of peasants overall through the thing, you ignorant fuckers stay away from my pet cat!)

Picard Day fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Worst case scenario would be a successful crusade for Andalusia, which would leave the Jizrunids with Valencia and a bit of Sicily.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. With almost all of de jure Andalusia in hand though it kind of limits targets. I'm not sure whether you want to just get the christians out of Spain right now or save some for EU4. I'm interested to see if the Jizrunids turn one of the Christian kingdoms into a pet tributary similar to real life Granada. Would at least help with the limited allies situation.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Hopefully this means we will see some Jizrunid women causing chaos as mosque owners in the aftermath of that fun.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

I will join the Ulema and spread word of the greatest!

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

AJ_Impy posted:

/

Proposing a Coalition motion: Death to All Infidels.

*Convert everyone not currently a true Sunni to the faith of our beloved Sultan, to suppress revolts.
*Pounce on one of our rivals when they are isolated and weak, and when we have the manpower and resources to do so. In specific:
-If Morocco or France become involved in a war or rebellion, Al-Andalus will immediately declare war.
-The war goals against Morocco are the seizure of Tangiers, and then as much adjoining territory as possible.
-Against France, it is their removal from the Mediterranean by whatever means necessary and possible without directly taking territory for Al-Andalus.
-Moroccan intervention takes priority over French.

Additional submissions will be considered, and added in if need be. What one cannot achieve, the many can.

I support this coalition.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

I stand with the Sultan! (A) Kill the traitors!!!

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

I say B. Don't think of it as giving up on Sunni Islam - consider it as not giving up our dreams of a Jizrunid Caliphate! The Ulema has never had greater opportunity, even if we have to modify some prayers and learn some new Hadiths.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Reformed Ulema

Whatever faction comes out on top, it's time to kill France.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

D but Syria should be ruled by Christians and Palestine by Muslims

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

I’m completely for the Imperialists. Sultan sick sword man forever!

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Continuing to stand with the sultan and going Moderates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Imperialists! We need a colony so the new royal line has somewhere to flee to when the revolution hits.