Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

fermun posted:

Manure pits blow up from methane buildup. This happens a dozen times or so a year in the US. As manure decays, it releases methane. If there's not enough ventilation or if a layer of foam develops on top, it results in a high level of methane concentration and it can explode.

Yeah, but in the Middle Ages they didn't make big manure pits like that. You don't need advanced chemistry, but you do need a certain kind of scientific approach to the world, as well as an understanding of what happens when excrement is sealed airtight. Which, as far as I can tell, wasn't a combination that came up in the Middle Ages.

Also, it doesn't seem to have been all that hard to just suborn a guard and go in for some of the ol' stabby-stabby. The CK2 assassination methods are pretty clearly anachronistic flavor text because "we recruited a key figure into our conspiracy, and were thus able to stab the target" isn't as fun to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

If it weren't for the throngs of DLCs, I would be really eager to get invested in CKII.

This. I liked EU3 a lot, and EU4 as far as I played, but at this point just deciding what DLC to get is a huge task, let alone actually buying it all.