Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

coyo7e posted:

Serious question: if she still had her curls - would you feel the same about her after that segment?

Realtalk: I believe I would because I think her delivery is improving massively and she's not hesitating or freezing in front of the camera now. The early performance jitters seem to be out of her system now and it really flows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Unless it's in the interview (or I missed it? But you make it sound pretty noticable) I don't see it on the website version.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
AV Club is guessing it's related to some kind of TJ Miller/Comedy Central show?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Generic American posted:

That ad for The President Show taking back the Colbert/Nightly slot has me slightly intrigued... and thoroughly horrified. :stonk:

Speaking of that slot...

quote:

Comedy Central is going to install one of its own in the time slot it unceremoniously took away from Larry Wilmore last summer, announcing today that Jordan Klepper will have his own show airing at 11:30 p.m. come this fall. The network is banking on Klepper’s “Daily Show persona,” often that of a clueless bro, meaning he’ll likely host as “Jordan Klepper” the same way Stephen Colbert once hosted his own nightly show as “Stephen Colbert.”

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Nah, President Show and the other atrocious announcements are all gonna be filling the space through fall (like that TJ Miller thing is one day, etc.) Article says he's Mo-Th.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Nah, all their late night is on break, but rather than run straight reruns like @midnight, they went with these mini "specials" to air in the slot.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
To me it's going to probably rely on how much they lean into the skewering of the other folks. Their split-Milo had me rolling last night, and if they can keep that kind of tone I'm in for a bit.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm digging Opposition more but I also think it developed more solid cast out the gate than a few of the rough starts of TDS new players.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Echo Chamber posted:

I still haven't seen Michelle Wolf or Wyatt Cenac's shows.

Cenac's is stellar in both comedy and depth of material it hits (but this is aided by the fact that the majority of it is on one continuous topic for the season - kinda curious what they'll do if it comes back next year).

Wolf's show is... remember how when she started on Daily Show she was really uneven in delivery and didn't quite have her footing? So far it's that issue all over again but it's definitely improving week by week. The last episode having Hannibal Buress was a huge bonus.

Echo Chamber posted:

And as I said before, it's sometimes difficult to gauge whether the show is mocking Right Wing shitheads punching Left, or whether the show itself is a Liberal program sincerely punching Left. Because the liberal/left friction is still frequently on my mind as much as people try to pretend the rift is overblown. So better that Klepper wants to pivot.

I find this take interesting because from what I saw (and I confess there were weeks where I was more burned out and Klepper got skipped of the two shows), Klepper's program decidedly leaned more left than liberal. I remember one night being Trevor criticizing people for wanting to push "too far" and then Jordan's show had a correspondent argue for the thing his counterpart was just making GBS threads on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It's a vacation week. They run half-assed "specials" in place of reruns now, which... I dunno, I feel that's more of a lateral move than a downgrade.

• Locked thread