Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Echo Chamber posted:

I don't know how its ratings compared to Larry Wilmore's in that same time slot, but if it was comparable, I thought the show was safe. Clearly, it was not.

If that time slot does not go to another Stewart-era TDS alum or Kobi Libii, I'll take this opportunity to cut my bloated talk show diet.

I'm now down to Noah, Colbert, Oliver, and Robin Thede. If anyone here hasn't checked out The Rundown, it's way better than Nightly. I still haven't seen Michelle Wolf or Wyatt Cenac's shows.

Wyatt Cenac's show is honestly pretty amazing in it's deep dive into American policing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
A lot of the parts of The Nightly Show were better than the whole.

Some of the comedy skits.. just kind of sucked. I liked very few of the Ricky Velez skits.

It gave me Franchesca Ramsey. I will forever be thankful for that, I didn't know about her before. All of her stuff was pretty amazing.

The panel was.. usually the worst. Sometimes they'd have on great guests, but no one every got time to really say anything. A snippet here, and there, and boom. Moving on. And some people just had trash opinions, and there wasn't enough time to really refute those ideas. They they had on good guests, they never had enough time to really explain. It was just too short of a segment to be of any good.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I love most of the Daily Show's corespondents.

Roy Wood Jr. always puts out quality pieces, as does Hasan.

I feel, lately, Noah's been really heavily relying upon his Trump Voice. Yeah, there's a lot of Trump stuff, but we need a fresher way to tackle some of this stuff. Some new bits.

• Locked thread