Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm a big fan of the title of "Insane Clown President" by Matt Taibbi. It was :allears: today hearing Juan Gonzalez, Titan of grassroots movements and recording them, wonder out loud if the title was a nod to how the Ringling Bros Circus had just lost steam and died, non metaphorically. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Michelle Wolf killin' it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, I think that had to be her best bit last night.
Serious question: if she still had her curls - would you feel the same about her after that segment?

I mean I personally keep going "cover up that cleavage" (because she looks older than me to my eye) but with the straightened hair she seems a lot less in-your-face or "shrill" etc etc.

If you disagree with me, I'd really love to learn how I have misread her arc on TDSWTN. I kinda think I got exactly what was going on, and it made me feel sad.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Die Sexmonster! posted:

:stare:

I haven't liked all of her bits, but I'm pretty sure this issue is coming from within.

EDIT: Hey, something I failed to articulate, thanks.
Some folks dig freckly wrinkly boobs.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

fridge corn posted:

I went to high school with Michelle Wolf. It is insanely creepy to hear you people talk about her boobs and hair
You've never talked about the boobs and hair of some girl you went to high school with?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

SgtSteel91 posted:

Did anyone else have the interview with Anthony D. Romero cut out in the middle?
I'm really getting tired of the three dead pixels in the upper-left middle of the loving picture

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I loved the peak blackness segment, but I'd not seen the footage of that dude rolling around the Oscars kissing actresses and holding awards while madly taking selfies. Not even Jimmy Kimmell could shut him down!

But sadly the best line in the whole show was, once again, spoken by John Oliver :laugh:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

get that OUT of my face posted:

These days, comedians who talk about that subject are a dime a dozen. When is the tipping point gonna happen? Comedy always goes in phases, but it feels like the political/social commentary comedy fad we're in is taking forever.
Yeah Trevor Noah' s comedy would be way better if it was about airplane peanuts and girlfriends

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Generic American posted:

It's not so much the pronunciation as the emphasis. Same thing as how Trump says "China"— technically correct, but he drags out the wrong syllable(s) and sounds like an alien trying to blend in with humans. Antifa ("an-tee-fuh") stands for "anti-fascist", but Trump says it like the "-tifa" is the primary part of the word rather than the combination. So instead of emphasizing "Antee-Fuh" or just a fluid "Anteefuh", it becomes "An-TEEFUHHH". And it certainly doesn't help that he just blurts it out on its own like he literally just learned it five minutes prior and wants to show off his new word to everybody.
Doesn't matter. The correct pronunciation is ahn-tifa.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GutBomb posted:

If our front-line defense against loving nazis is represented by people who randomly sucker-punch people and break windows for funsies I think we can do better.
Stop using the Royal We and start getting out and doing it yourself then.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Tonight's Lineup: No Show

I don't recall mondays off being a thing

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
speaking of Trevor Noah making tone deaf jokes, yesterday's episode included a bit where he said that we should ask ISIS for help with hurricanes

no, really, he said that, about 2:30 in. cc.com/shows/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm really not into Jordan klepper. H is entire stick of acting like a dumb racist white guy is not that funny when everybody who is a dumb racist white guy is doing it non ironically.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 26, 2017

• Locked thread