Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I think that had to be her best bit last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I actually miss her hair.

I just really liked the whole "Tump is a public servant" bit. The final line was brilliant.

I've never thought she was shrill, in fact I always thought her delivery improved the more outspoken she was on a topic. It was always the setup that made me cringe before, it was always too stand-up delivery. This was the first time she seemed relaxed from start to end.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, it's viacom, not Hulu.

Viacom has repeatedly said in the past few months that they want to bolster the traditional pay TV model and would be withdrawing from streaming.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Janice from accounting don't give a gently caress!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The Annie joke got a big laugh out of me. It was too perfect.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

get that OUT of my face posted:

He hasn't pulled stunts like buying 5 minutes of airtime on Trinidadian TV to talk poo poo about Jack Warner for a couple of years.

No, but he's buying catheter ads on Fox News to troll our president.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I noticed, I just couldn't watch because FiOS crapped out and my recording was only 6 minutes of digital noise.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's labor day.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

He can't right now. But it's not comforting that the head of the FCC won't condemn his statements.

The real issue is 2018. If he can rally his base with statements like these and win elections for people that will do what he wants in Congress, there's really no end to the rules that could potentially be
rewritten with congressional support.

As depressing as this past election was, 2018 could be so much worse. I think the best we can hope for as a county at this point is an opposition Congress in 2018 that can prevent further damage, but if that doesn't happen we're going to be going down a very dark path long term.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Some of the talk in the articles about "The Opposition" being cancelled sounded like it might have been an all around mutual thing. Really sounded like they felt it wasn't working when real life conspiracy theories are even more out there but less fringe than anything the show can come up with.

Jordan seems to have an affinity for field pieces (especially after his gun special), so this may be what he really wants to do instead. You just can't have all all field show run 4 days a week.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas on HBO.

People of Earth was cancelled even after being renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

That's essentially why they ended the show, farce doesn't work anymore. I think his new show will be better suited to what's going on now.

• Locked thread