Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Just caught up with The Opposition - I liked it. It's undeniably similar to the Colbert Report, but if Stephen doesn't want to do that schtick any more, I'm happy for someone else to have a go. And at any rate, Colbert was skewering who are now the old guard, while Klepper is satirising these new alt-right crazies. It's a subtle difference but an important one.

I do like the expansion of the "universe" with the correspondents and the other, fictional media outlets. As End Me Scoob mentioned above, the Milo bit was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the Opposition, it's a great show.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The Opposition's "Shopposition" Black Friday Sale being called the All Lives Friday Sale might be the funniest single joke I've heard in a long time.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

That segment on Breitbart 'reporting' last night killed it, better than almost anything Nightly did.

Yeah, we can debate on whether the Opposition is better or worse than TDS, or the Colbert Report, or other late night shows, but it’s in a completely different league to The Nightly Show.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Kobi Libii’s report a few weeks ago where he confronted the Breitbart “reporter” was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Man, just found out about the Opposition. Really pissed off about it, it’s my favourite satire around at the moment. The whole cast were great too. I hope this new show is at least similar in tone.

• Locked thread