Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

.... I work in liberal politics and there's been HUGE arguments about the value of antifa. Attacking Trevor for not hewing to a non-existant consensus is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

IRQ posted:

Oh god now I'm remembering the episode where that guy from Blackish goes all anti-vax in the most ignorant way. "injecting yourself with a disease?! That's crazy!!!" :science:

Wasn't there also one with Bill Nye just being told repeatedly to gently caress off by two deeply unfunny comedians?

I do think a twenty minute "gently caress it lets just grab some comedians and guests" panel show would make an ideal companion to TDS.

Then again Im really liking what Trevor Noah has done with the Daily Show, and I know a bunch of y'all disagree.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

A friend of mine dragged me to a Jay Leno show taping when I was in high school. I wasn't a fan of his comedy, but I was bored and it was the middle of the summer.

While the show itself was dull as expected, Jay shot the poo poo with the audience for a solid ten or fifteen minutes before hand. And he was EXCELLENT. Connected well with the crowd, quips offhand were 20x stronger than scripted, you name it.

I also saw John Oliver do standup literally a month into his The Daily Show tenure, and that was great if only for him mercilessly loving with a heckler for an hour.

• Locked thread