Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I felt like the show took on a stronger tone in October, leading up to the election, and the possibility that Trump could win. Trump's Election isn't Trevor's 9/11 moment, but I think it's close. I feel like he understands the stakes at play, and that this poo poo is real with Trump is in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Michelle Wild with straight hair, wow. Also, she's gotten better.

Definitely post-holidays so far but enjoyable.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Honestly, Seth Meyers hits the closest to classic Daily Show. I had caught up to TDS while it was on break. But between not being able to watch it on Hulu, and everything else, I haven't watched it since I got back, and I'm not sure if I care to.

Part of what made TDS such a big deal during Jon's run was that post-9/11, there really weren't liberal voices giving it to the administration or Fox News. Now there are what, 5 late nights hosts alone that give the administration what for, not including every other comedian that exists, or just going on Twitter. There's a lot of noise and unfortunately, I think Trevor adds to it rather than stand out from it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

The Daily Show is now releasing the entire show as a podcast with no ads. It's fantastic and it's become my getting ready in the morning background noise. Only downside is obviously it ruins visual gags but I can live without the few of those for the sheer convinence.

It's called Daily Show: Ears Edition.

So it’s come to this: The Daily Show Clips Show

• Locked thread