Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

get that OUT of my face posted:

These days, comedians who talk about that subject are a dime a dozen. When is the tipping point gonna happen? Comedy always goes in phases, but it feels like the political/social commentary comedy fad we're in is taking forever. While I don't agree with Norm MacDonald when he says that kind of comedy is never funny, it feels like being funny is secondary to making a point.

It's the opposite of over 10 years ago when Comedy Central leaned in hard on shows like Mind of Mencia, The Jeselnik Offensive, and any number of Daniel Tosh shows because they wanted to get that edgy comedy dollar.

Hey, I'd argue that Norm McDonald is a fuckin' expert on unfunny things :v:

Steve Vader posted:

The minute Trump is removed from office, we'll breathe easier and laugh at more farts.

Until then, it feels MANDATORY to pay attention and tear apart everything that piece of poo poo does.

Also, humour is a good way to address things that are too absurd or troubling to want to address head-on. That's one of the functions of humour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If you can't laugh at taint jokes you're just dead inside.

• Locked thread