Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I think starting a thread could help others who are experiencing similar things. Who knows, maybe it'll inspire you to start a blog about living with your condition which will become a microbusiness of yours which will lead to you getting some money. Boom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I like your a/t thread, hope you haven't forgotten you made this one.

You seem like you have strong emotional intelligence. Have you considered spending some of your time volunteering with a cause you enjoy? If it's a good organization, they should have volunteer management that can find a spot for you. Be clear to them about what your capacity is, but it may turn out they're looking for a copy editor or someone who can put together a newsletter. You'd be a volunteer so there's little risk in losing the position but it could open up a lot of possibilities to network and it would help you pad out your resume.

In short, volunteer some place, if they're halfway decent they'll find good, meaningful work for you that can help you network to a real job or prepare your resume to look better.

• Locked thread