Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Faneca
LDT
Dawkins
Lynch
Warner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i would've been pissed if davis got in and ldt didn't

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
davis getting is a mockery

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/AndrewLuria/status/828036045946040320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

first kicker

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if td is in i suppose cj1k has a convincing case

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lewis is the only surefire first ballot

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh god, can you imagine how awful ray lewis's speech will be

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Moss probably waits 2-3 years. That's just the state of it for hall of fame receivers right now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

The hall hates WRs mainly, but in Boselli's defense he was dominant while he was around. Peak vs. Longevity I guess.

Like I said in N/V, if Davis is a hall of famer there is absolutely no reason Boselli should not be, he had around double the career Davis had at a hall of fame level (jesus christ why is Terrell Davis in the hall of fame?).

because they won a really hyped up super bowl where elway got a ring and terrell davis was a household name for a little bit. but if it's a popularity contest than why the hell was TO not first ballot? it's all really inconsistent and stupid.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blind Pineapple posted:

Terrell Davis is interesting because of the precedent it opens up for obviously-great, but injury-plagued players. TD had a 4-year stretch where he averaged 105 yards a game, including three seasons in a row over 1500 rushing yards. He also averaged 142 y/g in his 8 playoff games. His peak is unquestionably HOF-worthy, then he tore his ACL and barely played after that. I don't buy the Chris Johnson comparison, because Johnson didn't decline because of injury. He played multiple full seasons and put up marginal numbers.

I think TO will get in within the next couple of years. Much like Cris Carter, it's longer than it should take, but he's not getting locked out for 10 years.

CJ never got the benefit of being behind one of the best o lines in NFL history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

If you're going to put in Terrell Davis, I don't know why Shaun Alexander isn't getting consideration since he also rode a really good offensive line for 4-5 good seasons

I was just thinking of him.

• Locked thread