Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Final class will be revealed tonight. Nothing official yet but it looks like Tagliabue missed the cut.

I want to say good but he'll get in eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Also Terrell Davis appears to be in and TO did not make the cut

Boo on both counts.

Davis was good with a great peak, but the longevity matters. Yes I know Gale Sayers made it, but previous mistakes aren't a reason to induct new guys.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--second kicker

corn on the cop posted:

don coryell is going to die before he gets in

I have...bad news on this front.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

you aren't happy about LdT?

Eh, that's a no brainer. Like he would be super pissed if he didn't make it, but it was just expected otherwise.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Lewis is the only surefire first ballot

Hutch deserves to be in imo, but Mawae and Faneca deserved to be in too so whatever.

e: And SA2K is wrong about Urlacher and I love Donnie Edwards too. The main problem with Urlacher is everyone kept acting like he was still great at the end of his career, he was amazing early on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bigass Moth posted:

How did tony boselli get more votes than Isaac Bruce?

The hall hates WRs mainly, but in Boselli's defense he was dominant while he was around. Peak vs. Longevity I guess.

Like I said in N/V, if Davis is a hall of famer there is absolutely no reason Boselli should not be, he had around double the career Davis had at a hall of fame level (jesus christ why is Terrell Davis in the hall of fame?).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

Moss's worst thing he's really famous for is A DISGUSTING ACT, which is just a joke about Joe Buck being an rear end in a top hat now.

There was also the time he bumped a traffic cop with his car. It wasn't really dangerous or he'd have been in a hell of a lot more trouble than he was but someone will bring it up I'm sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

The thing is, according to Andy Benoit / Peter King, sportswriters actually limit it to locker room stuff.

Oh that's right, I forgot about the whole Peter King Darren Sharper tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well poo poo we ought to put Timmy Smith in the Hall of Fame if you're going to overvalue playoffs to that degree and ignore the nominal reason he's actually semi-arguably deserving.

TD is a terrible selection, and it's not because of 'posters here.'

• Locked thread