Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
LaDainian Tomlinson
Don Coryell
Brian Dawkins
Jason Taylor
Kurt Warner

LdT is a lock, why make him wait. Coryell should have been in twenty years ago and it's a loving shame he's not. Dawkins and Taylor were awesome for extended periods and I'd put them in out of this group, but I'm not sure both will get voted in as first ballot guys over some of the others. Warner I think could have gone in either of the previous two years, but this seems like his best chance to get in.

Of the rest, I'm all for letting kickers/special teamers in, so I'd be fine with Morten at almost any time. Boselli and Davis both seem like the kinds of guys who slip in as senior nominees twenty years down the line (Or if they ever increase the amount of people they induct per year), but I probably wouldn't put them in over most of the other guys here. Issac Bruce was really good for a long time, but I think his case is only a bit better than Boselli and Davis. Terrell Owens should get in before Bruce, and I'd be fine with him over anyone but Tomlinson or Coryell, but I still think the dumb narratives and sports writer/voter vengeance bullshit against his character/antics will hold him up for a while, sadly. Faneca, Mawae, Law, and Lynch I think are all worthy at some point, so I wouldn't be upset if any of them get in this year, I just wouldn't go with them first. Joe Jacoby I have no feelings about one way or another, he's got the benefit of being on all the Redskins Super Bowl teams and the whole Hogs thing going for him, but then again it's taken him this long to get this far in the process, so who knows...

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Am I misremembering or did Faneca play most his career at tackle?

FWIW, PFR has him at left guard every single season, with a few games at center in 1999 and left tackle in 2003.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Moss and Lewis are 100% locks

Absolutely. I wouldn't be shocked if Hutchinson got in too.

Urlacher IMO is over-rated and shouldn't get in anytime soon. I'd put Zach Thomas in before I'd think of Urlacher, who had a bunch of great guys around him.

Also TO was great and funny but the sports writers are largely idiots like Peter King who value RingZ and Playing The White Right Way, so TO's gonna wait a while. Longer than Monk or Carter or some of the other guys did. And it's gonna suck.

• Locked thread