Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
bees, socks, dryers?!

I mean, I have a honey problem in my dryer and socks in my hives and any help or advice in resolving these matters would be appreciated. BEEcause this is not a decent way to live my life, let me tell you.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

I have a bottle of B & B. If I had more bees, it'd be B & B & B. I'm not sure I'd like that.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

treasure bear

were trying a few years without bees to see if we really need them

vanisher

If you let them go and they come back on their own it was meant to bee

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Macnult

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/11/509337678/u-s-puts-first-bumblebee-on-the-endangered-species-list

can we please get more bees now

NPR posted:

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has designated the rusty patched bumblebee an endangered species — the first such designation for a bumblebee and for a bee species in the continental U.S.

The protected status, which goes into effect on Feb. 10, includes requirements for federal protections and the development of a recovery plan. It also means that states with habitats for this species are eligible for federal funds.

"Today's Endangered Species listing is the best—and probably last—hope for the recovery of the rusty patched bumble bee," NRDC Senior Attorney Rebecca Riley said in a statement from the Xerces Society, which advocates for invertebrates. "Bumble bees are dying off, vanishing from our farms, gardens, and parks, where they were once found in great numbers."

death sext

We've got until Feb 10th boys! Get the camo!

value-brand cereal

Tried to carve my own bees out of beeswax candles when I was a kid. Even if I can afford real bees nowadays , I'm still fond of the good ol hand made bees

bees :3:

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
True story I was hiking around the Cuyahoga National Park awhile back and I saw this white box sitting in this field so I walked up and was like "what is that? Is that an apiary?"

I got close enough to verify it was an apiary with a lot of bees so I was like "WHY YES THAT IS AN APIARY" and ran from the bees.

----------------

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
I don't like those bees that are like the really huge really loud bees that I don't think are aggressive but tend to scare the hell out of people.

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Three-Phase posted:

True story I was hiking around the Cuyahoga National Park awhile back and I saw this white box sitting in this field so I walked up and was like "what is that? Is that an apiary?"

I got close enough to verify it was an apiary with a lot of bees so I was like "WHY YES THAT IS AN APIARY" and ran from the bees.

as long as you don't stand directly in front of the bee door, you can get as close to an apiary as you like.

the littlest prince

vanisher posted:

If you let them go and they come back on their own it was meant to bee

death sext

Three-Phase posted:

I don't like those bees that are like the really huge really loud bees that I don't think are aggressive but tend to scare the hell out of people.

I think those are the carpentry bees that do work on your house and do a really good job. It's a shame there are no more bees of this type, or indeed any type, because I could really use a remodel.

juggalo baby coffin

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

when you're getting more bees you need to make sure which type you are getting. some can only sting once, and if you're looking for a good sting experience that is gonna drastically reduce your sting per dollar value

social vegan

*in the privacy of my own home, puts googley eyes on dollops of honey, nervously touches a 9V battery to it*

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I haven't been carried off by bees in weeks, and I'm starting to worry

google THIS

the candyman has taken to using ladybugs, which really don't incite quite the same level of terror

treasure bear

[pulls out ice core sample] see? hardly any bees

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

the candyman has taken to using ladybugs, which really don't incite quite the same level of terror

tell that to the aphids

the littlest prince

Three empty beehives sway in the wind, hanging from a mostly-dead tree. It's surrounded by barren dirt, and the wind whistles hurriedly through the limp branches. Fifty yards away, a sickly fox is sitting. It gets up and walks away slowly in the opposite direction.

Plebian Parasite

Blessed are the poor in nectar: for theirs is the hive of Honey.
Blessed are those who bumble: for they will be drones.
Blessed are the larvae: for they will inherit the fields.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for pollen: for their legs will be filled.
Blessed are the stingless: for they will not rip their butt off.
Blessed are the pure in spit: for they will make hexagons.
Blessed are the dancemakers: for they will bzzz bzzz bzzzz.

value-brand cereal

have we tried looking for bees? I could of sworn I bought some last week. check the pantry, should be top shelf

VideoTapir

He'll tire eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtXuBN1Hvc

Beekeeping and You

I actually literally used to keep mason bees. All they did was fly around and freak my cat out though, they don't make honey.

Piso Mojado

treasure bear posted:

[pulls out ice core sample] see? hardly any bees

Macnult

Plebian Parasite posted:

Blessed are the poor in nectar: for theirs is the hive of Honey.
Blessed are those who bumble: for they will be drones.
Blessed are the larvae: for they will inherit the fields.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for pollen: for their legs will be filled.
Blessed are the stingless: for they will not rip their butt off.
Blessed are the pure in spit: for they will make hexagons.
Blessed are the dancemakers: for they will bzzz bzzz bzzzz.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Beekeeping and You posted:

I actually literally used to keep mason bees. All they did was fly around and freak my cat out though, they don't make honey.

they might have had honey you didn't even know about, mason bees are very secretive. did you even learn the special handshake?

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
the best way to make more bees is to have a house full of bees

:3: this reminds me that my first ever thread was in byob and it was about bees

posting about bees, btw, is a guaranteed way to get more bees

bees

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Plebian Parasite

"Hmmm. Bees. Bees bees bees. Beeeeeeeees. Beesbeesbeesbeeesbeesbeesbeesbees. Bees? Beeeeeeeeeeeees."

-me tryin to think up another post for this thread.

Puppy Doll

Hey everybody!
one time i had like six bumblebees chillin on my hand at once and guess what: it owned

alnilam

Puppy Doll posted:

one time i had like six bumblebees chillin on my hand at once and guess what: it owned

In antiquity they were called "humblebees" :3:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Bees just going wild on a beach somewhere. One of them wiggles in code saying "we are on PERMANENT VACATION BABY" and flies away. The bees have discovered Cabo

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Doing Spring Break Cabo Beach shots out of a honeycomb

social vegan

The whole town piled in the waiting room that day, spilling along the hallway and into the medical suite.

Dr. Handel hovered over little Billy's swollen arm. The crowd murmured and gasped. Could it be.

Dr. Handel turned to all, a deep frown settling on his face, "It's just hives"

The crowd's eyes lit up, a quiet applause began.

Dr. Handel sighed.

POOL IS CLOSED

also thanks for the reminder that I probably need to order bees soon

a few years ago i promised to let byob name bees, when the time comes, would byob like to help me dub a hive or two and decorate the bee boxes?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

POOL IS CLOSED

:swoon:

HaveARottenDay

This kind man has made a home for the bees with his hands!

FactsAreUseless

Bee pit's empty, that birthday party kicked all the bees out of it. Tommy, sweep them up. Stephanie, I need you to get a few bags from the back. Use the push cart, they're like 20 pounds apiece.

alnilam

me: we need more bees!

old estranged bee romance of mine: no, say it alnilam, say what you really mean, and I'll help you

me: i... I need more bees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

*the Baha Men look at their feet and kick the dust around a tiny ajar bee door*

• Locked thread