Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

bees are disappearing like socks in the dryer, only the socks can sting you and the dryer is a lot bigger and not very good at drying things all the time

when was the last time you bought new bees? or made your own? I personally have never bought bees before, so if anyone has a good connect I can reach for some bees I'll definitely check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

[post reserved for a very informative blueprint to create a bee making machine]

progress report: workin on it

e: still workin on it

Macnult fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 4, 2017

Macnult

also: we know what bees are. we're not here to learn more about bees so much as to acquire more bees

Macnult

BYOB: Bees Your Own BYOB

Macnult

neighbor: so you making a bee farm?
me: *collecting all of my beeswax for myself*

Macnult

Plebian Parasite posted:

Official Report from NASA: No bees in space, sorry, we thought we could help.

NASA is working on a bee-powered robot to send into space, hoping to one day provide honey on an intergalactic scale

Macnult

joke_explainer posted:

how many bees you want? I'll get you 3 pounds of bees for 90 dollars.

we need more bees

Macnult

a year and a half goes by, thousands of emails I've sent out myself go down the drain, all because Buzzfeed ignored my request to become a 24/7 bee newsletter

Macnult

wigglin posted:

so according to my research bees are very attracted to honey like where there's honey there's bees kind of attraction. Also highly attracted to honey? Bares. I have not wrked out the whole shebang here but I think maybe the bares are like a king bee (?) anyway, this is all prelemonary please respond to my grant request

perhaps there is a king bee and a queen bear to also bee discovered

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

"Ok class now lets try drawing a square"

*all the bees draw a hexagon*

"no..no we already know you can draw hexagons, lets try again... just four sides this time"

*all the bees draw a hexagon again*

"...ok...one more time... a square... only four sides"

Macnult

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yo op i know a guy

we need more guys with more bees

Macnult

regarding the blueprint: got distracted and made a graph instead, closed mspaint without saving. starting from scratch

progress report: started workin on it

Macnult

mister magpie posted:

*setting: a round table discussion with several notable academics.*

richard dawkins: "what we can all agree on, however, is the need for more bees."

piso mojado, blowing bubbles out of a pipe: "actually, my dear friend, we need fewer bees. perhaps even...no bees."

Macnult

regardless of what piso mojado likes to blow there are now less bees than what we started with

Macnult

i have only myself to blame. this blueprint is quite the task, and I don't know if it'll even work

Macnult

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/11/509337678/u-s-puts-first-bumblebee-on-the-endangered-species-list

can we please get more bees now

NPR posted:

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has designated the rusty patched bumblebee an endangered species — the first such designation for a bumblebee and for a bee species in the continental U.S.

The protected status, which goes into effect on Feb. 10, includes requirements for federal protections and the development of a recovery plan. It also means that states with habitats for this species are eligible for federal funds.

"Today's Endangered Species listing is the best—and probably last—hope for the recovery of the rusty patched bumble bee," NRDC Senior Attorney Rebecca Riley said in a statement from the Xerces Society, which advocates for invertebrates. "Bumble bees are dying off, vanishing from our farms, gardens, and parks, where they were once found in great numbers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

Plebian Parasite posted:

Blessed are the poor in nectar: for theirs is the hive of Honey.
Blessed are those who bumble: for they will be drones.
Blessed are the larvae: for they will inherit the fields.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for pollen: for their legs will be filled.
Blessed are the stingless: for they will not rip their butt off.
Blessed are the pure in spit: for they will make hexagons.
Blessed are the dancemakers: for they will bzzz bzzz bzzzz.

• Locked thread