Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Ellison's district is primarily Minneapolis and for the most part is within the Twin Cities beltway. His constituency hasn't involved any kind of rural voters, unless you count people like me who left rural communities for the city. I'm very pro-Ellison as a progressive but I wouldn't assume he has some built in knowledge about rural demands just because he's from Minnesota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Again, you cannot both say Ellisson has experience winning tough elections, and that his seat is safe as possible and won't go red in a million years. These are contradictory ideas.

Not really. Ellison's first election wasn't necessarily a coronation. The primary was fairly contentious because a ton of people threw their hats in the ring after Martin Sabo retired unexpectedly and even after Ellison got the DFL endorsement, there was an independent candidate that threatened to split the vote. Like, Ellison still won handily but he still had to navigate mudslinging around his faith and past associations with Nation of Islam.

• Locked thread