Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

Keeping young people involved has always been a challenge, and I'm worried that too much emphasis has been placed on the DNC chair election - to the detriment of other, more important, races. I'm worried that if Ellison wins, people are going to take that as a victory for progressivism and check out of politics for four years, while if Perez wins the angry progressives would react by increasing their efforts elsewhere, which is exactly what I want to happen.

The vast majority of people don't even know this is happening, never mind knowing the differences between the people running. I think one of the reasons wonks predictions are often garbage (see the primary election) is because they think people think about politics and policy the way they do and the truth is most people don't have a clue and almost no one votes on policy. People vote on identity and tribe membership, basically no one actually takes an honest intellectual approach. We read things that agree with what we think, we dismiss things that disagree with us.

Like who the gently caress is actually going to take Ellison winning as a victory for progressivism? 10 people?

Besides that I'm going to agree with everyone who is disappointed that it seems everything needs to be some huge battle now. You can't just think Ellison is slightly better than Perez, people feel the need to hate one and love the other for essentially arbitrary reasons. It seems the major takeaway people had from bush, particularly the young kids here, is that it's us vs them. It's very sad and it's a very bad thing for the future of politics in this country. If we can't even have civil arguments and disagreements within parties we are completely hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Chelb posted:

Interviews are anecdotes, and anecdotes do not constitute evidence. They especially don't when in comparison to the issue of GOP-led voter suppression, which is well-researched and substantiated.

Anyway, even if it's true that younger black generations were less hype for the Dems - which I don't think has been proven - it's also true that older black generations have consistently and enthusiastically been Dem voters and supporters.

Well this is just laughable nonsense, did you work for the Hilary data team lmbo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
If there's anything the left and right can agree on its that when you lose it was because you weren't extreme enough. Though I guess that did work for the Republicans in the end.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Economicly yes. People want better wages. They want control of their schools. They like big money out of politics. They want refs
So they don't get poisoned. Now on social issues is where the debate lies.

Uh it's actually the literal exact opposite according to all the data.

• Locked thread