Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

Zikan posted:

Perez has also never won a electoral race higher then the county level while Ellison has focused on increasing the turnout in his district every election year, even though he's in a safe district and could just coast to victory.
Ellison's district includes much of Minneapolis, but I'm glad he wasn't resting.
Ellison and Perez are both excellent choices, but I'd bet that Ellison knows more about winning elections. Also, Ellison is probably going to have more knowledge as to what Democrats in rural areas need, being a DFL member.
I wouldn't want any DNC Chairperson to require much on the job training with 2018 coming up.

LiterallyTheWurst fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

WHOOPS posted:

Ellison's district is primarily Minneapolis and for the most part is within the Twin Cities beltway. His constituency hasn't involved any kind of rural voters, unless you count people like me who left rural communities for the city. I'm very pro-Ellison as a progressive but I wouldn't assume he has some built in knowledge about rural demands just because he's from Minnesota.

Now that I'm reading into this more, I am probably making a stretch. I'm assuming that Ellison's membership in the DFL makes it more likely he's heard some of the complaints rural Democrats have about a lack of support from the DNC.

• Locked thread