Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
I don't think some of you even understand what the DNC chair does. Stop trying to apply a purity test to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

I am just suggesting that if populist sentiment can be rallied that be given a boost.

gently caress populism.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
I'm happy Perez won if only for the number of idiots here and elsewhere who know nothing about him raging like hes the reincarnation of Boss Tweed and not a solid progressive who actually works to improve things for the middle class. You wanted Ellison soley as a symbol, and don't actually give two shits about working for change. Not a one of you will actually put in the work and effort to build a new party, you'll just sulk and whine on the internet some more.

Congrats to Perez, hopefully he can turn around the somewhat lackluster outreach of recent years toward organized labor.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Lessail posted:

gently caress all you Hillary pieces of poo poo she lost and you can't handle it

Hail Centrism

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol you people are braindead.

You're literally mad that a good canidate beat another good candidate. Tell me about how I should be purged for supporting progressive policy. Go on, do it.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Umm, I live in Keith's district and can say he's really loving good at turning out the vote and bringing in people who would normally vote R. Kinda what we need as the head of the DNC right now, but ~hey whatever~

I live in Emmers district and work in Keith's. I have my doubts that Ellisons personal appeal would translate to much of anything in the DNC chair, but he does have some good cross party appeal. I'm intrested to see what kind of strategy gets outlined for 2018. Hopefully he doesn't resign from the house to be deputy chair.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

On the other hand, let’s elect a guy who is unfit for the job and say he’s exactly the same because of some emails

On the other hand I remember the disgusting transphobic poo poo you were posting on election night you fucker.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What on earth is the difference between a Perez chair/Ellison co chair and a Ellison chair/Perez co chair?

Like isn't the situation right now maybe the second best possibility at worst?

They have invested themselves in opposing "the establishment" and Keith Ellison is, like Sanders before him, the person they've latched onto. It doesn't matter that it isn't true, they just think it is and thats what is really important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Chelb posted:

It's still unclear whether ellison will continue to keep his seat in Congress. He only said he'd resign if he was elected chair, but now he's deputy chair. Maybe we should wait a little for things to clarify before assuming he's gone from it.

His reasoning before was that he wanted to focus exclusively on the DNC chair role and not short change his constituents. No matter how close he works with Perez I can't imagine the deputy chair would take that much time from him, but we'll see. I'd hate to lose him in the house.

• Locked thread