Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

It was a thought experiment about how even if somebody actually did look at her website, all they would find is an unorganized mess.

To be completely fair, there's a bunch of different concerns different people have and I'm not really sure how to make a website in such a way that anyone visiting it will immediately see information about the specific issue they're interested in.

The only real improvement I can think of is to make that page into a more standard "table of contents" of sorts rather than a bunch of boxes you have to search through to find the issues you're interested in.

Granted, this is why sending people to a website isn't really a good idea in the first place. I just can't think of any obvious improvements that would make it easier for the hypothetical person you mentioned while also giving accessible content for other interest groups.

edit: Another improvement would be to make the more common concerns (the economy, LGBT/race, etc) more "front and center" than stuff like addressing the opiate addiction epidemic (and I say this as an opiate addict so that's kind of a major issue for me personally). You can maybe include the addiction stuff as a point under a more general "Healthcare" section that begins with the stuff that the most people are concerned about.

So actually I guess it kind of is easy to make this website a lot better. Instead of having so many boxes, have a smaller number of more general points that each begin with the biggest issues (but still include other issues below).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread