Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sataere posted:

At least I am not Spoeank

By the grace of god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Ben Nevis posted:

Yes.

And you may be in the lead now, but I'm making a move.

Yeah, going big on the Cowboys doesn't seem like as good a move anymore.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
With Ryan, Lewis, Edelmann and Gostkowski in the Super Bowl, I think I've got a decent shot at this!

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ben Nevis posted:

With Ryan, Lewis, Edelmann and Gostkowski in the Super Bowl, I think I've got a decent shot at this!

Looks like you or me

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I made a very critical error in not just taking Ryan with the second pick. I assumed he would fall to my third spot on the swing. Had I done that and just grabbed whichever of Freeman/Coleman were at three, I win this.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I didn't have any faith in the falcons (or any NFC team) so I chose players from teams that I knew would play at least 2 games, like Pittsburgh and Houston. And now I'm in 5th place.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

The Zack posted:

I didn't have any faith in the falcons (or any NFC team) so I chose players from teams that I knew would play at least 2 games, like Pittsburgh and Houston. And now I'm in 5th place.

I feel like I lucked into Matt Ryan. I didn't really intend to take any falcons, just to try and focus on Steelers and Pats, but you gotta have a QB from somewhere.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ben Nevis posted:

I feel like I lucked into Matt Ryan. I didn't really intend to take any falcons, just to try and focus on Steelers and Pats, but you gotta have a QB from somewhere.

You did luck into him! My goal was to have him and Tom Brady and then I decided to get cute! :argh:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I had faith in the Cowboys, which to be fair served me well in regular season fantasy. But... whoops.

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

I won! noob luck

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

That NE comeback cost me $250. This has been a very frustrating season for me.

How are we doing payouts?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Congrats El Caganer! I think we said Paypal? Whatever works.

PS: gently caress the Pats.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
El Caganer this is the awkward part where you tell us your PayPal email address unless you want to give me your address and I ship you 2,000 pennies

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

El Caganer this is the awkward part where you tell us your PayPal email address unless you want to give me your address and I ship you 2,000 pennies

Let's just do it this way.

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

I do have a huge jar of change that I've been wondering lately what to do with. May as well add to it.

My paypal is the address I posted at the league site.. juddmail AT gmail

If anybody needs to snailmail, let me know and I'll get you the address

Thanks for jumping in this, guys, what better welcome to the site. Gonna keep an eye out for any baseball openings

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

oh wait you're a newbie? gently caress that you aren't getting paid you little poo poo

sent from jmkrisko at gmail dot com. Congrats and welcome

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

We were all noobs once! This will go toward all my registration fees here, thank you

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
PayPal sent! And as the silver medalist I would like to state that I'll get you next time!!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So with this wrapped up, I wondered if we could do a quick post mortem. Mostly just two thoughts, since I was considering doing this with some friends next year. What'd y'all think of the format? Is this something better suited to a different draft type?

I wonder a bit about snake draft, mostly because Spoeank seemed to get the short end of the stick. Granted, it's a lot easier to snake slow than get a bunch of people together for an auction or something. Any thoughts?

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Think about the "steroid shot" rule, mentioned in the first post, it can be a fun twist and tends to keep more people in it. I know it's gimmicky but I think a playoff league is pretty gimmicky in the first place

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
PayPal sent

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I played another game where points are multiplied each round of the playoffs. If you had a Patriot or Falcon, their points were 4x in the Super Bowl.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
And I sent my money this morning.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

The Zack posted:

I played another game where points are multiplied each round of the playoffs. If you had a Patriot or Falcon, their points were 4x in the Super Bowl.

I know that's how the NFL Playoff Challenge does it, but I don't really like that scheme. It makes winning even more about guessing the two teams that are going to be in the Super Bowl. Obviously even in our format that's a piece of it, but it's plausible that players who score well in a couple games could be more valuable even if they end up getting knocked out.

The steroid shot thing is interesting, though. Would you be required to use it each week?

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Ninja Bob posted:

I know that's how the NFL Playoff Challenge does it, but I don't really like that scheme. It makes winning even more about guessing the two teams that are going to be in the Super Bowl. Obviously even in our format that's a piece of it, but it's plausible that players who score well in a couple games could be more valuable even if they end up getting knocked out.

The steroid shot thing is interesting, though. Would you be required to use it each week?

Yeah every week you have to select a player, as long as you have one left. K, DEF, whoever. A guy can only be roided one time. Win, his score doubles.. Lose, his score is halved. Adjustments made manually at MFL

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Thanks to all of you who paid, I am still waiting only on Sataere I believe.. let me know if I have that wrong

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

El Caganer posted:

Thanks to all of you who paid, I am still waiting only on Sataere I believe.. let me know if I have that wrong

Nah, you are right. Sorry, I will get that to you. I just gotta figure out my PayPal account info.

Haven't used it in like five years

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

If it's easier.. Donate it to a good cause, not religious or right wing please

El Caganer fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 15, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

El Caganer posted:

If it's easier.. Donate it to a good cause, not religious or right wing please

Ok, I hate PayPal. Can I email the Gmail account you provided below and talk to you this way?

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Sorry I missed this.. ya found me

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

El Caganer posted:

Sorry I missed this.. ya found me

No worries. We're all square now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Thanks again y'all, let's do it again next year mothafuckas!

• Locked thread