Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deathy McDeath posted:

It's a word that people use to make Marines feel bad

I thought that's what "Officer" was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Graa posted:

How do marines feel about the show generation kill?

It makes our NCOs look smarter than they are, but past that, accurate

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

PathAsc posted:

I'm actually amazed a SNCO got punished, especially senior staff. It's a brand new world after 2012 I guess.

He was a civilian contractor when he got hit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Showed it to my dad, who did 6 years in the Marines during Vietnam before joining the Army and doing 24 after college

"Ha! They skipped Desert Storm.... Good!"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Grem posted:

I don't regret anything but I signed the dotted line in August, 2001. Thought I'd be building schools in some stupid rear end south east Asian country and getting dared to gently caress Thai ladyboys. Was in DEP and sitting in my community college lounge area when planes crashed into buildings and thought about how I really, really, royally hosed myself. On the yellow footprints in San Diego a bit later and found myself in Iraq less then two years later not knowing what the gently caress was going on.

Figured it out by 2010 though and got out because I wanted to be a DI and they gave me orders to recruiting (pending reenlistment) and gently caress that.

I use the phrase "Something I'm glad I did, but I'd never do again."

For realsies though the Marine Corps changed me from a hopeless loser to a driven, buff, handsome, motivated, disciplined loser.

It did a good job in helping me stop giving a poo poo about anything I can't directly change or influence myself. Probably added years to my life because I went from high strung and worrisome to unless I was high to "gently caress it, I can make this work I suppose". I was lucky enough to have good leadership for 90% of my run and very little contact with the shittier aspects because I just embraced my POG-rear end place in life and did my time. All in all I'm glad I did it, but I loving hate the guys who make it the sole aspect of their entire personality or have bumper stickers on their car any larger than a silver dollar.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Grem posted:

If any of you guys go to the Denver one you can find my ex-wife there. She's a whore you can definitely get in that.

Most Marine post itt

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I got a beej from a Baghdad 5 and it still haunts me.

A Baghdad 5 is a dude, isn't it?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
What was Fruity Rudy then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Honestly dude's an Adonis

• Locked thread