Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hail chesty, full of rum, the corps is with thee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

False motivation is still motivation. Someone please kill me so the terrible sayings go away.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope whatever poor bastard goons that are still in can survive peacetime. Be sure you wear your doggone glow belts.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Since FROG is good and useful, you can't use it. Just like pockets and beanies. Goddamn am I remembering all the dumb poo poo today. I miss deployments because I'm brokebrains as gently caress. At least I make money now and have a good upward path or I might not remember all the dumb poo poo from being in.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

We never had to give our fleeces back, so I ended up with three. Love those things when I'm hunting.

Of course if you lost a ka-bar adapter you were on a shitlist unless you got a cool Vietnam vet at CIF.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Redo that commercial now but make the car a mustang and the woman crippling depression and obesity.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm pretty sure I'd rather just become a flash game like kitten cannon when I die, if I was artillery.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So, just another day in the Corps

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The music is the death knell of the fallen. The sound of viscera hitting the ground.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

No, a king, not a jester.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bush 2: Now Watch This Drive

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kawasaki Nun posted:

A mentality that encompasses why you will be denied glory and Valhalla, surely.

What if it's an explosive magic spear and it's to spare your brethren from harm so that they might win?

Just kidding, Odin would know and strike you down, out of the hall.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Die in battle with the green weenie

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Food cart vendor wants money, can't blame em. Get that dolla dolla bill.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

How many have removed their pants in an attempt to become more comfortable with their sexuality?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is it Thai ladyboy sodomy time yet for you guys yet? You ought to open your mind to an experience.

I found a bunch of my old poo poo in a Tupperware box, so I'm decorating as Krulak would approve of.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Internet Wizard posted:

My barracks is a block or two over from the comm school, and once or twice a week a gaggle of them go running past on some dumb motto run

Only once or twice? I'm surprised, they used to do that poo poo every day.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm actually amazed a SNCO got punished, especially senior staff. It's a brand new world after 2012 I guess.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well that makes more sense.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, no D&D trap tower with a fire elemental and magic sword isn't a true commercial.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MurderBot posted:

In a world full of danger, Marines run to the sound of magic missiles.

Title

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wear a custom "Chesty is my homeboy" tee.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thanks to the Marines I learned how much liquid hot magma can be stored in the human waste system, how long it takes to purge it, and just how many times I can read the walls of a portashitter before the pain takes my vision. THANKS 1775 OORAH KILL

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I could've been the best goddamn fish fryer or t shirt printer

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

but, interestingly enough, if you stay in long enough you start tucking your tshirt into your underwear.

FTFY

If we're still effortposting: I don't regret anything but not taking the opportunities to go to ANGLICO and the MACE. I may be hosed up like a football bat, but I learned a lot and surprisingly came out with an open mind as opposed to how I went in. Now I don't fit in where I'm from because I have conflicting ideas and won't back down and just concede a point. Not to mention seeing the head shrinker and taking medicine. Forbid I believe in the idea that things can be treated. I'm glad I'm where I'm at in life.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pretty sure that's dementia. We'd all get it, but we're going to die early from various causes with the same source. Enlistment

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm supposed to go to one soon, I'll take pics so you can berate me for false motivation

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

From what I understand it's a fundraiser, awareness thing, silkie appreciation, and bar crawl.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

i guess a hole is a hole and every hole is a goal.

Only if you're a private fresh out of mommies basement

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sounds like you all have a motivation problem.

Please end me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Internet Wizard posted:

Ortho told me today one of the biggest factors in whether he recommends me for hip surgery is how much I want to stay in. He said otherwise getting out and letting the injury heal on its own is usually more pleasant.

So of course I went full retard and said "yes please recommend me I'm trying to reenlist".

:gary:OOHRAHDEVIL:yarg:

Congrats on destroying your body more. Just like I did! At least you'll have cool scars, chicks dig scars.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just reiterating how much I miss the stumps, and the desert in general. I know this qualifies me as broke brained and I'm on with that. gently caress the Midwest

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mirepoix posted:

So my truck hit a 40 pounder like 5 years ago and I've had migraines a couple times a month ever since then and just kinda sucked it up (because I'm retarded), but I don't like my BAS, do you guys think I can just go to the base hospital at night and ask for a migraine med prescription? I have buddies who are on imitrex for similar blast-related migraines and I would like to try it. Yes I am dumb for many reasons.

You can try, but they're more than likely just going to give you something to take the edge off until you can get to bas. If it's really that much of a problem to go there then request for outside treatment.

Also document everything and get copies etc. No one gives as much poo poo about you as you do. Act accordingly.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'll be honest, 29 Palms had an awesome mental health section and I was able to talk to them without having to go through anyone else. Maybe it's not that way everywhere, but my point is you have options, you gotta do the legwork yourself though. Trust me, it's worth it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

To continue, all of what I did set me up for a great experience with separation and continuing support from the VA

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's kinda sad how little they tell lowly enlisted about that poo poo. I had no idea that disability was even a thing until I was already in for like three years. Thanks to this forum I started documenting my poo poo early and ESPECIALLY in detail on my final/separation physical.

My claim from start to money in my checking account was like three-four months? Maybe less? I've had an overall pleasurable experience with the VA and all of that

Internet Wizard posted:

SNCOs are idiots, it's why they stayed in long enough to make staff.

America has this culture of medical brinkmanship because getting basic healthcare can easily bankrupt you, but that should never be an issue for anybody with tricare or VA benefits. If there's something wrong with you, get help from a professional. Anybody that hassles you for that isn't worth paying attention to.

Both of these infinitely loving a green weenie until the rapture.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mirepoix posted:

Nah I'm not a tough guy, I just really didn't want to go on meds, I know that's irrational.
Also I am the staff nco. I haven't really been in charge of lower enlisted since I was a corporal though, I am one of those eod dudes.

Meds are good, hth. I was loving miserably in a constant guarded state with super fun lows and exhaustion interspersed. I got balanced out and they helped soothe my nerve damage without surgery. Just giving you the support man, ignore the stigma.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Junior enlisted warrior

Cockwatch

Fukkboi

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lost one