Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I see clickbaity articles about new uniforms what's up with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You are never allowed to wear it anywhere WHERE'S YOUR UNDERSHIRT

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

No beanies after sunrise

It's 30 degrees

No beanies

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnP-sTDtMi4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There was some king or some poo poo that was worried he wasn't gonna go to Valhalla so he started a war and got 40,000 dudes killed

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Depends on which you go on but you can see some cool loving places

If it's the 31st then lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

you mean the documentary?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:thejoke:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

anyone ever done one of those veteran silkies hikes

really just want to show off my moose knuckle tbh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

not sure if there's anything worse than sloppy 3rds from a Marine

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

mirepoix posted:

So my truck hit a 40 pounder like 5 years ago and I've had migraines a couple times a month ever since then and just kinda sucked it up (because I'm retarded), but I don't like my BAS, do you guys think I can just go to the base hospital at night and ask for a migraine med prescription? I have buddies who are on imitrex for similar blast-related migraines and I would like to try it. Yes I am dumb for many reasons.

Dude what get that poo poo documented like yesterday. Now.

I get your BAS sucks, a very common theme. That said you want to start making a paper trail and making them aware. The only way you could be seen is via the ER. I'm not sure if they'd start you on imitrex, since they wouldn't be able to monitor it. They could give you a shot of it. As said above they'd probably just give you a very small supply of something to deal with the migraine and tell you to see your Doctor.

It sucks but you pretty much have to utilize the BAS for non-mental health medical issues. ER is the only other option. Get your chain of command involved if needed, don't let them bully you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

mirepoix posted:

But I'll break my nine year streak of not going to sick call!! Fine I guess I'll like take care of my medical problems instead of ignoring them like an idiot.

I get it you're a tough guy and SSGT said only bitches go to medical. No offense, but people often do what you do and then EAS. They have literally no paper trail for any ailment. Oh their back is going out two years later? You had migraines the whole time you were in how come you're only now bringing it up? Etc etc

These people are the ones that develop a vehement hate for the VA. The ones posting bi-monthly to fb "gently caress THE VA DENIED MY CLAIM AGAIN"

PathAsc posted:

I'll be honest, 29 Palms had an awesome mental health section and I was able to talk to them without having to go through anyone else. Maybe it's not that way everywhere, but my point is you have options, you gotta do the legwork yourself though. Trust me, it's worth it.

Yeah mental health is usually the only exception to this sort of thing outside of an ER visit

They also started a fairly new program (maybe five years old? Just guessing) I think it's an MFLC? Marine family life counselor? Something like that. Each unit should have one. Anyways the whole point is to negate any of the above because it heavily deters people and have someone available that doesn't write poo poo down or you have to jump through hoops to see. Also deal with family issues etc

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 22, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's kinda sad how little they tell lowly enlisted about that poo poo. I had no idea that disability was even a thing until I was already in for like three years. Thanks to this forum I started documenting my poo poo early and ESPECIALLY in detail on my final/separation physical.

My claim from start to money in my checking account was like three-four months? Maybe less? I've had an overall pleasurable experience with the VA and all of that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Names of the 16 that died in the crash have been released

https://news.usni.org/2017/07/14/marine-corps-releases-identities-of-16-servicemen-killed-in-kc-130t-crash

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Miloshe posted:

Why is Sgt Murray's Raider pin orientated incorrectly on his breathing device's port side?! Dig em' up and smoke his rear end.

time and place dude

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol that dude sucks

(Some) Marines revere him though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11930655

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

yeah but at least you're a pilot right

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat, y'all could have been known as the cool Marines

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Some dude probably ended up in the base ER from tripping too hard and it’s the knee jerk reaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you’re at Pendleton then just buy a 1000 cc sport bike and cut people off at 90 mph

• Locked thread