Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Whoever got mine is in luck: my spunk crusts to a Level III ballistic rating. Drop that lame nut-flap in your company's designated K-bar seabag, Cpl Vermis' unrealized heirs will shield your delicate nethers from frag & SAF.

jk i didnt return poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

I was wondering where you went

Yeah I got a new job which saps all the joy and creativity right out of me. After a long day of scolding sexual deviants, meat-gazing piss tests, and generally pretending to be a person who "buys in" and "gives a poo poo", I just want to zone out on video games.

.... jesus christ. I basically re-enlisted, but for shittier pay and a longer road to retirement.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

My leave was approved. Until I came back and they told me it suddenly wasn't. So I was UA absent without pay and now I have a page 11 administrative letter in my file.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I cant stop watching these -YEAH WHATEVER LISTENIN TO SOME MUSIC NOW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxvrFKyOH2Y&t=224s

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Maybe for an encore you can wear jordans and one of those big clocks on a chain to a klan rally.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Exert only as much effort, and take on only as much stress, as is absolutely necessary to fuel your dumb loving hobbies and your fat loving body.

You stupid fat bitch.

Rah.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Oh, and:

The Lost Marine plan:

Suicide is always an option.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Today I said "roger" into a speaker box

And the man on the other end said "... WHAT?"

I thought I was replying to "standby". He said "Identify". My name is not Roger.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Fellow Belleauwoodsmen

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Steezo posted:

Yoohoo, Fuckstick, Cock-holster, Lance Criminal, gently caress-stick, Bullet Sponge...

If you have a personal problem child the nicknames are easier to come up with. You know, so that one of them knows that GodDamnit means them kinda thing.

"Nasty". Hey there Nasty. Whoa there Nasty.

Was "Special One" a thing? Like, "WHOA THERE SPECIAL ONE!"

I feel like there were a lot of variations on "(whatever) One".

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Lost Marine Plan:

Kill yourself.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Here are some freebies if you're still in and want to be a trend-setter.

Shooter
A-Driver / A-Gunner (very "SHIPMATE!"-esque)
Stick (when addressing a group)
Stackman (when singling out one in a group to be shat upon)
Hue City Slicker

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah that kind of (QUOTATION MARKS) "HUMOR" (CLOSE QUOTATION MARKS) really isn't in keeping with the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.

If you want to poke fun at something, poke fun at the phrase "Okinawa Tour".

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

terminal lance still existing and chugging along on not-my-marine corps recycled stories is the saddest-funny story of YOOL 2017

... which branch were in again? It seems like you don't really "get" Terminal Lance.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Good to see you're alive Vermis.

pre-gwot marines. $100 yearly training budgets, garrison hell lifestyle :commissar:
Marines bitching about the marine generations before them and AFTER them is eternal, god bless.
Terminal Lance being being the only thing that guy will be known for /will do the rest of his life is the joke.

I think you're confusing TL with something else. I might be wrong; the TL author is, as you point out, a giant loser because he transformed an unremarkable term of enlistment as an infantryman into ONLY a bestseller and a comic book about gay jokes and dick drawings that probably keeps him fed for another decade.

You stupid old bitch.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

how the gently caress did you find my deviantart account??

dude i dont even understand this one

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

you're a weird guy, Deathy

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

i am weeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Alex433999 posted:

Anyone done Christmas during a deployment? How did you all make the best of it?

In Iraq, the Battalion commander's own unit traveled to each COP singing Christmas carols. Their ultra-christian platoon sergeant turned them into a goddamn choir.

The rest of us made due with mocking them.

I jerked off in a portashitter.

In Afghanistan, somebody shot off red, white, and green pop flares. And the log team came through with slabs of meat.

We bitched about the meat.

I jerked off in a plywood shitter.

• Locked thread