Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Do not fear the bum gun. Embrace it. But wash your hands afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

grellgraxer posted:

If you have the cash, I would recommend splitting your trip up a bit and heading to Chiang Mai or Phuket / surrounding islands. I have no idea how a 14 year old will stay entertained for 10 days in Bangkok proper.

The weirdest thing is seeing a family march down Soi Cowboy or Walking Street in Pattaya.

But I imagine a 14 year old stays entertained in Bangkok much the same way a 14 year old stays entertained anywhere else: hanging out at the pool, reading, playing video games.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
If you negotiate a price on the taxi you are overpaying 100% of the time.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pilsner posted:

It's been like that for many years, and it is now up to 220 Baht. I don't really care, I just withdraw 9-10k Baht every time I visit the ATM and see it as part of the expense of traveling.

Not much to do about it as a tourist, as far as I know. If you pay by credit card in shops you're likely to just foot the ~3% CC charge yourself, as far as I know.

Depends on the card. My dad doesn't have to pay any surcharges or conversion fees on his. Some places will have a charge as part of the cost if you use a card, but that's done at point of sale.

• Locked thread