Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

How are you at video games? I'm guessing FPS and platformers are a no go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

man in the eyeball hat posted:

How are you at video games? I'm guessing FPS and platformers are a no go

For platformers, I'm not ~expert~ and there are certain platformers I struggle with, but most don't require me to really translate 2d to 3d so they're easier to judge than IRL judging. I wouldn't play on ultra-hard mode but unless they're designed to be super hardcore, I manage. I just don't prefer them.

The only FPS I've played is the borderlands series and I just run around blowing things up with hacked-in purple weapons for kicks, so N/A.

My preference is towards visual novels, turn-based RPGs and action games. For MMORPGs, I play FFXIV, and for the most part I do okay! There are mechanics I can't do properly, for example a boss called Sophia has a mechanic where you have to count to work out which direction to run, but I just rely on groupthink for those moments, and I play classes that are flexible rather than having a strict rotation. I'm not a hardxcore raider, but I've cleared extremes on release. If I play a puzzle game and I hit a number puzzle, I just check the guides.

My favourite games are Odin Sphere, ICO, Digital Devil Saga, Bastion, FFXIV and Dragon Age: gently caress that Solas guy.

One game I couldn't play is the final fantasy series with Lightning. I tried the first game, but it was nothing but numbers flying everywhere and I couldn't work out how much damage I was doing, etc.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
I've never been to AUS or handled money from there, but according to Wikipedia, the banknotes for AUS money are different sizes, colors, and have different historical figures for different denominations. Usually stuff like this is done to help out people with impaired vision to differentiate their cash on hand. Is it helpful for you to take advantage of those traits and think of money not as five dollars or hundred dollars, but "the purple bill", "the green bill", "the one with the Queen's face on it", etc and then to order them that way? It looks like the size of each bill increases with increasing denominations, so could you use that as a guide to help you not make major mistakes giving or accepting change? Like you wouldn't give/get a bill that's physically larger than the one you were accepted/gave out? Or does your dyscalculia even prevent you from seeing cash in these more abstract ways?

Ancillary Character fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 17, 2017

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Ancillary Character posted:

I've never been to AUS or handled money from there, but according to Wikipedia, the banknotes for AUS money are different sizes, colors, and have different historical figures for different denominations. Usually stuff like this is done to help out people with impaired vision to differentiate their cash on hand. Is it helpful for you to take advantage of those traits and think of money not as five dollars or hundred dollars, but "the purple bill", "the green bill", "the one with the Queen's face on it", etc and then to order them that way? It looks like the size of each bill increases with increasing denominations, so could you use that as a guide to help you not make major mistakes giving or accepting change? Like you wouldn't give/get a bill that's physically larger than the one you were accepted/gave out? Or does your dyscalculia even prevent you from seeing cash in these more abstract ways?

It does help a lot! I went to America last year, and the identical money completely ruined me what with having to give tips. But if I buy something worth say, $15 and they say $20, or I think it's $20, I'll just hand over a $20 without realising I've made a mistake. In those cases, it's not that I didn't recognise the rainbow, it's just that I'm giving the number I THINK it is rather than what it actually is.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

US Currency has different presidents on them depending on which denomination they are, everything from pennies (lincoln) to 100 dollar bills (Ben Franklin)

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

MF_James posted:

US Currency has different presidents on them depending on which denomination they are, everything from pennies (lincoln) to 100 dollar bills (Ben Franklin)
To the extent this is true, it's not reliable since they feature people who weren't Presidents, and some people are on multiple currencies, Ben Franklin being an example of both.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

MF_James posted:

It's not nearly as helpful as for working it out quickly, especially in dim lighting or by feel. Plus, ours is water proof!

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

twodot posted:

To the extent this is true, it's not reliable since they feature people who weren't Presidents, and some people are on multiple currencies, Ben Franklin being an example of both.
What is Franklin on besides the $100?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Aunt Beth posted:

Lots of ladies. :pervert:

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

Aunt Beth posted:

Franklin half dollar at a minimum, there's been a bunch of US currency, so I don't know if there's other stuff.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
See, at least some of ours are easy to tell apart! It's easy to tell the difference between a platypus and a human being, for example.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

twodot posted:

hurf durf yeah I put presidents and then named Ben Franklin.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Have you (or anyone else with similar issues) every tried those number games designed to help people with Dyscalculia, like The Number Race and the harder Number Catcher?

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

deathbot posted:

I've avoided maths as much as possible since the minute I could drop it, so I have no exposure to higher level maths. Imagine me throwing up the sign of the cross and hissing "Back, devil!" at the sight of anything with numbers in it, and you've got about my attitude to getting near them. Unlike what I know of some American universities, most Australian universities assume you have a general knowledge from high school. There's no general, unrelated-to-your-degree first year courses you have to take, so I jumped right into English and History units and didn't touch a single maths or science course in my entire time there.

I can read middle English smoothly, and I've been meaning to pick up Latin. I have no head/tongue for accents (unrelated to dyscalculia, I'm just bad at it) but I have good recall of foreign words I've read as long as I don't have to learn a new alphabet.

I figured you'd have that response, to math in Uni, haha. I'm Canadian so I have no idea how university compares to either Australia or the United States, either. I remember reading an article a long time ago about someone who couldn't add/remember number like you, but could do high level math as long as it didn't involve numerals... but I could be greatly misremembering.

Neato on middle english. It always looks so cool but I haven't had the time to try to read any.
Ever do any courses in linguistics?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

dirby posted:

Have you (or anyone else with similar issues) every tried those number games designed to help people with Dyscalculia, like The Number Race and the harder Number Catcher?

I've never even heard of them! I'll try them out.

Jyrraeth posted:

I figured you'd have that response, to math in Uni, haha. I'm Canadian so I have no idea how university compares to either Australia or the United States, either. I remember reading an article a long time ago about someone who couldn't add/remember number like you, but could do high level math as long as it didn't involve numerals... but I could be greatly misremembering.

Neato on middle english. It always looks so cool but I haven't had the time to try to read any.
Ever do any courses in linguistics?

It's possible you read an article like that, since dyscalculia covers a gigantic spectrum of issues!

I did a grammar unit for English lit! The teacher wasn't... great... But I didn't have any problems, and came away with one of the highest marks in the class. I shouldn't have a problem with languages, since I did okay in the little Latin I had and I can handle English variations well enough, but I have an odd accent. I've lived in Sydney all my life, but people constantly ask me where I'm from??? It's something to do with my mother raising me with a heavy kiwi accent.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
Thank you so much for creating this thread!

- Do you have personal experience with face-blindness?
- Do you enjoy playing music or listening to music? I've heard that musical ability (keeping time, counting beats, etc) is sometimes linked to math, and a few parents online have said that music therapy helped their children manage dyscalculia. I do not have dyscalculia (despite definitely struggling with reversing numbers and basic computations) and have always found music theory/keeping rhythm very frustrating--I constantly lose track of where I am even with simple rhythms and I basically have to picture a game piece in my head moving up and down guitar tabs. I think this is part of why I struggle with memorizing music but it's the most effective way I know to do it since I'm not great at remembering rhythm or melodies, even after a year of guitar lessons. At this point it's more about forcing myself to be challenged than about any actual hope I'll become good at it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

deathbot posted:

I couldn't read or judge my own speed or the speed signs, I kept getting confused on which street was the right side, and how far I was from objects/the angles I was on.

Do you have a hard time judging distances at all, like telling if an object is close by or far away? I've never had much of a problem with estimating when I'll be able to safely pull into traffic, for example, even if I couldn't begin to guess how fast or how far away a given car in terms of numbers.

legsarerequired posted:

- Do you enjoy playing music or listening to music? I've heard that musical ability (keeping time, counting beats, etc) is sometimes linked to math, and a few parents online have said that music therapy helped their children manage dyscalculia. I do not have dyscalculia (despite definitely struggling with reversing numbers and basic computations) and have always found music theory/keeping rhythm very frustrating--I constantly lose track of where I am even with simple rhythms and I basically have to picture a game piece in my head moving up and down guitar tabs. I think this is part of why I struggle with memorizing music but it's the most effective way I know to do it since I'm not great at remembering rhythm or melodies, even after a year of guitar lessons. At this point it's more about forcing myself to be challenged than about any actual hope I'll become good at it.

I have a much milder case than deathbot, but I have a hard time with music. I can follow along songs that I know pretty well and I usually have music playing in my head, but heaven forbid you ask me to read musical notes. I can understand the theory of how they're supposed to work, and that higher symbols on the scale mean higher notes, but it all ends up looking like gibberish to me in practice. I tried to learn an instrument when I was younger, but I found sheet music absolutely incomprehensible and had to give it up because I was so far behind the rest of my class.

So I have basically the exact opposite problem as you, from the sounds of it.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 27, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

turn off the TV posted:

Do you have a hard time judging distances at all, like telling if an object is close by or far away? I've never had much of a problem with estimating when I'll be able to safely pull into traffic, for example, even if I couldn't begin to guess how fast or how far away a given car in terms of numbers.

I'm a terrible judge of distance and size and am completely incapable of giving someone an estimate of how far away or how long something is, but I suspect most of my distance/speed judgement problems with driving are from being extremely nearsighted because my glasses jack up my depth perception . Possibly the two things are working together though, who knows lol. I annoy my passengers when people ride with me because I refuse to pull out in front of oncoming cars if I don't have a good feel for how far away/how fast they're coming so I miss opportunities that they can see. It helps if I let a few cars go by first though, and I see no reason to be unsafe so I don't mind waiting!

As for music I was in band all the way through middle & high school and into college so I had to memorize music, learn marching routines, etc. I've heard that stuff is helpful but I dunno if it was giving me any benefit, I never really saw a translation to being better at the stuff I had trouble with but maybe it kept it from being worse?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

legsarerequired posted:

Thank you so much for creating this thread!

- Do you have personal experience with face-blindness?

Nope, no experience with face-blindness. I love listening to music, and warbling along, and rhythm games too - but I am AWFUL at keeping a beat and will easily go off-beat or lose my count.

turn off the TV posted:

Yes, I'm a bad judge of distance. It's not impossible for me, but I'm slow at it and sometimes get it wrong in telling how far/close things are - especially moving objects like cars. If I'm looking at a map or something says 'in 500 meters,' I have no ability to estimate how long/far 500 meters is.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
As a psychology undergrad, thank you for making this thread!!

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice

deathbot posted:

Nope, no experience with face-blindness. I love listening to music, and warbling along, and rhythm games too - but I am AWFUL at keeping a beat and will easily go off-beat or lose my count.

When I try to count a beat or keep time in music, I tend to picture a game piece bouncing along a numbered timeline. It's so easy for me to lose track if I get distracted and I'm always losing my place.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I only realised I might have dyscalculia about two years ago when I took a job working with a lot of numbers. I'd always known I wasn't very good at math and had issues like you've described, deathbot, but it took a job where I was working with numbers and needing to perform math in my head that made me realise I simply couldn't do really basic calculations in a timely or efficient fashion. It was actually a really scary feeling and I felt horrible when I had to explain to my employer that I simply couldn't do the work.

For example, I also can't work with cash. I'm Australian, so we have those awesome notes, and that does help a lot, but it just doesn't stick in my mind. Like you, I neurotically check my balance. I can't hold even simple numbers in my head for even short amounts of time. I can't remember any phone number that isn't my own, and even then I double check. I'm horrible with dates (which made my time as a history teacher kind of difficult). The only date I can recall is my birthday - everything else, including my partner of six year's birthday, I have written down and would not have any idea if I didn't have that piece of paper. Transposing numbers is a big problem for me, particularly 4s and 7s. If I don't have a calculator, I'm probably unable to do any sort of math. I generally need to write everything down and hope I haven't messed something up between receiving the initial information in my head and writing it down on the paper.

My partner used to think I was just joking until she sat me down and attempted to teach me some basic math - fractions and such - and found that I simply couldn't do it. I did some work at a school and had to help Year 7 students with their math and realised I couldn't do that, either.

What I find very interesting is Thuryi's comment, though. I almost drowned when I was a young kid, too.

I also had to play piano when I was younger and could never, ever comprehend the scales. I know how to find middle c, but that's about it. I had a teacher for three years and, no matter what he tried, I still had no idea how to determine what key something was being played in.

I've also got no ability to judge distances in my head.

The best way I can describe dealing with numbers is like intense static in my head when I try to work with them. On the other hand, anything with words - English, history, media studies, drama - that's the stuff I excel at. I'd sweep through things like that with near perfect marks, and then struggle to avoid failing maths or sciences.

Anyways, that's my bit to throw into the thread. I'll keep watch!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Do you deal differently with symbols depending on whether you recognize them as numbers or not?

E.g. if I tell you 百 means 'cat' and 千 means 'horse', are they easy to tell apart? Does it make a difference if I then tell you they actually mean respectively 'hundred' and 'thousand'?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

nielsm posted:

Do you deal differently with symbols depending on whether you recognize them as numbers or not?

E.g. if I tell you 百 means 'cat' and 千 means 'horse', are they easy to tell apart? Does it make a difference if I then tell you they actually mean respectively 'hundred' and 'thousand'?

I can tell the difference between the symbols, however I wouldn't be able to keep the associations clear in my head! I wouldn't be able to keep the 'hundred' and the 'thousand' attached to the right symbols, or in the right order.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Thanks for doing this, really enlightening + interesting!

A few more questions:

How do you do with relationships between concepts like eg grandparent - parent - child, or cousin/niece/aunt? It seems like these sorts of semi hierarchical relationships are a bit like quantities maybe but I dunno?

Are qualitative descriptions of quantities useful? For example, if you just had a bank app which said "you're spending more than usual, but it's ok to keep spending some" or "you're spending way too much, slow it down" or similar statements, would that be intelligible/useful?

Are numbers hard even if they aren't being used as numbers/indications of quantity? Some potential examples:
- band names like death from above 1989, two doors down, third eye blind, where it's more part of a proper name than really a number
- fifty caliber rifle, .22 rifle (maybe doesn't work if you grew up in Australia ie not around guns)
- idioms like "two is company, three is a crowd" where the specific numbers don't really give the meaning so much as the phrase as a whole

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Thanks for doing this, really enlightening + interesting!

A few more questions:

How do you do with relationships between concepts like eg grandparent - parent - child, or cousin/niece/aunt? It seems like these sorts of semi hierarchical relationships are a bit like quantities maybe but I dunno?

Are qualitative descriptions of quantities useful? For example, if you just had a bank app which said "you're spending more than usual, but it's ok to keep spending some" or "you're spending way too much, slow it down" or similar statements, would that be intelligible/useful?

Are numbers hard even if they aren't being used as numbers/indications of quantity? Some potential examples:
- band names like death from above 1989, two doors down, third eye blind, where it's more part of a proper name than really a number
- fifty caliber rifle, .22 rifle (maybe doesn't work if you grew up in Australia ie not around guns)
- idioms like "two is company, three is a crowd" where the specific numbers don't really give the meaning so much as the phrase as a whole

No problems with the conceptual relationships there! If you ask me to count from one person up their ancestry to a certain point, I'll probably end up at the wrong relative, but I have no issues understanding relationships and concepts.

Yep, those would be intelligent/useful. It's raw data that trips me up: I can understand if I'm spending too much, but if I look at a bank statement I might not be able to understand how much, or my repayment details. God do I love online banking, let me tell you, because I would have been hosed in the paper days. Now I just let auto-payments take care of everything and don't have to try and remember dates or write down numbers.

If you asked me to google those bands, I know who third eye blind is, but I might type two eye blind without realising I've done the wrong number.

I'm too Australian for that, since I have no knowledge of guns so even without the numbers involved.

Yep, I understand the idioms! If it relies on understanding a concept that isn't at all mathematical (emotions, situations, etc.) I have zero issues. I might just muddle up saying it, or writing it down. Hilariously this sometimes applies to lyrics. Incredibly nerdy example: Steven Universe has a song called "Stronger than you," with the line "Let's go, just one on two." Sometimes I sing it right, and sometimes I reverse the lyrics and say "Let's go, just two on one."

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

deathbot posted:

No problems with the conceptual relationships there! If you ask me to count from one person up their ancestry to a certain point, I'll probably end up at the wrong relative, but I have no issues understanding relationships and concepts.

Yep, those would be intelligent/useful. It's raw data that trips me up: I can understand if I'm spending too much, but if I look at a bank statement I might not be able to understand how much, or my repayment details. God do I love online banking, let me tell you, because I would have been hosed in the paper days. Now I just let auto-payments take care of everything and don't have to try and remember dates or write down numbers.

If you asked me to google those bands, I know who third eye blind is, but I might type two eye blind without realising I've done the wrong number.

I'm too Australian for that, since I have no knowledge of guns so even without the numbers involved.

Yep, I understand the idioms! If it relies on understanding a concept that isn't at all mathematical (emotions, situations, etc.) I have zero issues. I might just muddle up saying it, or writing it down. Hilariously this sometimes applies to lyrics. Incredibly nerdy example: Steven Universe has a song called "Stronger than you," with the line "Let's go, just one on two." Sometimes I sing it right, and sometimes I reverse the lyrics and say "Let's go, just two on one."

Super interesting, thank you for the answers! Not a question, but if you're using cards to make purchases you might like the app Mint -- you'd probably have to have someone help set it up initially with budgets for different categories etc, but once you've set it up it can automatically track spending and give you color/graph-based representations of how well you are doing with the budget.

Actually, I guess that's another question: do you have issues with graphs as well? Like, if you saw a bar graph and one column was larger than the other, would you be able to tell? E.g. on this little lovely bar graph I made below, is it easy for you to tell that red is larger than blue?

red |============================

blue |============

Was curious because it sounded like some of the issues you had w/ directions -- e.g. judging distances, translating sizes of shapes, could apply to this as well?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Actually, I guess that's another question: do you have issues with graphs as well? Like, if you saw a bar graph and one column was larger than the other, would you be able to tell? E.g. on this little lovely bar graph I made below, is it easy for you to tell that red is larger than blue?

blue |============

Was curious because it sounded like some of the issues you had w/ directions -- e.g. judging distances, translating sizes of shapes, could apply to this as well?

Related to this, are there different "grades" of dyscalculia? E.g. grading by how large a difference you need between two quantities to be able to reliably tell there is a significant difference.

Also, not sure if someone else already asked this, but if you have an itemized list, is it easier for you to follow if points are given as A, B, C rather than as 1, 2, 3?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Super interesting, thank you for the answers! Not a question, but if you're using cards to make purchases you might like the app Mint -- you'd probably have to have someone help set it up initially with budgets for different categories etc, but once you've set it up it can automatically track spending and give you color/graph-based representations of how well you are doing with the budget.

blue |============

I can tell one is longer than the other, but I struggle to tell by how much. I can't really estimate whether that's a half or a quarter more than the other one. As for actually reading graphs, I'm really, really bad at it. Fun fact: I enjoy art, but I consistently draw very long rectangles instead of cubes because I can't measure the side lengths properly.

nielsm posted:

Related to this, are there different "grades" of dyscalculia? E.g. grading by how large a difference you need between two quantities to be able to reliably tell there is a significant difference.

Also, not sure if someone else already asked this, but if you have an itemized list, is it easier for you to follow if points are given as A, B, C rather than as 1, 2, 3?

There are! I'm not sure of the grading system in its entirety, but checking my medical documentations, I have superior verbal intellectual skills, average to above average in some others, and then really jesus loving christ poor in maths and maths related subjects. Not everyone has it to the same extent, and it's on a spectrum. (Actual number of mine is 1.3% of the normative population. I am literally in the bottom percent.)

Alphabetised lists are much easier than itemised lists. I'm less likely to skip letters or make mistakes.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
As someone who is going to be working in mathematics education for the foreseeable future, what are signs to watch out for if i suspect someone has dyscalculia?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Hate Fibration posted:

As someone who is going to be working in mathematics education for the foreseeable future, what are signs to watch out for if i suspect someone has dyscalculia?

Consistent mistakes I made in class:

- Basic concepts don't seem to stick even when the student is obviously listening/trying, and they can't memorise formula or even basic timetables. For example, I would get taught one thing, seem to grasp it, and the next day be completely incapable of doing it and need to be taught again.
- Mistakes based in number swapping. Jumbled numbers repeatedly, or they seem to get the right numbers but in the wrong order even when otherwise successfully following a formula.
- Reads the signs wrong, for example dividing in a problem which has a minus symbol instead.
- Working much slower than the rest of the class.

Also, depending on where you're at, you may need to deal with the student's different methods of covering up the above problems. By the time I hit late high school without being diagnosed, I would do anything to avoid actually working in maths class and would rather have been seen as lazy/not trying than admitting I couldn't keep up or understand a thing. If a student is otherwise some level of dutiful in other classes, but completely shuts down in maths-based classes and refuses to do group work, or any work, or shows extreme levels of stress, or otherwise behaves oddly but only in those types of classes, maybe take them aside and check for the above.

Oh, and if the words "You're being lazy," "You need to try harder and study more," "You're not paying enough attention," "She's a smart student who needs to apply herself more," or the like come out of your mouth, I will find you, I will print out 100 copies of this A/T thread, and then I will hit you with them. I'm sure you won't, given you're actually asking, but I learned very early on not to try and discuss my issues with teachers because every time I did it in late primary/early high school, when they were becoming more and more obvious as I went from 'bad' to 'completely incapable of doing any of the work,' I would get dismissed with something along the lines of the above, and I ended up convinced I was actually just an idiot instead of anyone testing me for the problem. It's a mistake I don't want anyone else to suffer through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Does anyone else with dyscalculia have problems with sequences that combine both letters and numbers? I've been writing a lot of codes that combine both over the last few weeks, and while I consistently get sections with only letters correct, when letters are adjacent to numbers I mix them up about as often as I do numbers adjacent to numbers.

• Locked thread