Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Do you deal differently with symbols depending on whether you recognize them as numbers or not?

E.g. if I tell you 百 means 'cat' and 千 means 'horse', are they easy to tell apart? Does it make a difference if I then tell you they actually mean respectively 'hundred' and 'thousand'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Actually, I guess that's another question: do you have issues with graphs as well? Like, if you saw a bar graph and one column was larger than the other, would you be able to tell? E.g. on this little lovely bar graph I made below, is it easy for you to tell that red is larger than blue?

red |============================

blue |============

Was curious because it sounded like some of the issues you had w/ directions -- e.g. judging distances, translating sizes of shapes, could apply to this as well?

Related to this, are there different "grades" of dyscalculia? E.g. grading by how large a difference you need between two quantities to be able to reliably tell there is a significant difference.

Also, not sure if someone else already asked this, but if you have an itemized list, is it easier for you to follow if points are given as A, B, C rather than as 1, 2, 3?

• Locked thread