Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm surprised that their % of snake handlers isn't a lot higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Muppets On PCP posted:

those are charismatics and they're usually found in the mountains, which alabama doesn't have a lot of

alabama's evangelicals are mostly the joyless baptist variety
I refer to all nutty denominations as Snake Handlers.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Trying not to get emotionally invested in this. Alabama is a trash state and expecting anything else is unrealistic.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Dying that they are playing Teach me How to Dougie at Jones' victory party. You know that's triggering Republicans real hard right now.
Sure beats hymns.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd love to go grab the mic and scream "WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!" in my best heavy metal voice.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hmmm, your framed picture of the Ten Commandments didn't help? Shocker.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

:byodood: GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL GUYS!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You wait patiently for the lord dipshit. See where it gets you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

farraday posted:

Moore couldn't even pay to campaign the last two weeks.

On the delay getting Jones into the Senate.

The earliest reasonable date is the 26th. The counties have until the 22nd to finalize, then it's the weekend and Christmas leaving the following Tuesday(the 26th) as the first date the SoS could be expected to finish the paperwork.
I wouldn't put it past someone like the Mercers floating them the cash, not to actually win but to drag things out Coleman style.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sydin posted:

Abortion is a hell of an issue.
It's not just abortion. Evangelicals are just plain awful about all women's issues.

When my parents were getting divorced my grandma (maternal) told my mom that she should try appreciating my dad more. Now it's not like there was any abuse involved, they're even worse when it comes to that, but she i initially sided against her daughter because that's what their interpretation of the Bible tells them.

Had my dad bought into any of this garbage he might be out there yammering on about the evils of feminism or some stupid poo poo. Instead he realized "Hmmmm, at times I've been an rear end in a top hat to my wife and kids, and also lazy around the house, maybe I should work on that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ecureuilmatrix posted:

https://twitter.com/RoyMooresHorse/status/946461220688629760

I used to be Roy Moore :byewhore:
but now I'm :getin:
keep being a millstone to the GOP forever.
Those pages aren't going to rape themselves.

• Locked thread